This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you rejoice if pokemon can be caught after they faint?

#1wolf riderPosted 5/21/2013 7:20:42 AM
Topic - Results (361 votes)
Yes! Praise the lord!
34.63% (125 votes)
Meh. Don't really care.
19.11% (69 votes)
No! Begone you blasphemer!
46.26% (167 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'm sick of carrying around a false swiper in addition to a HM/Fly slave.
#2Immortal_Chaos7Posted 5/21/2013 7:26:22 AM
I voted yes but now that I think about it, that would probably make things incredibly too easy. Trying to keep a pokemon alive while trying to catch it is one of the staple challenges of pokemon. I guess it wouldn't hurt if you had one last chance to throw a pokeball after they faint with some better odds for success but if you fail, the pokemon flees.
---
Pokemon Diamond-Name:Jack / FC:0043-9308-0032
#3LexifoxPosted 5/21/2013 7:28:01 AM
I think it would make the game a little too easy, but at the same time it would make legendary Pokemon less of a tedious bore.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#43PiesAndAForkPosted 5/21/2013 7:33:04 AM
It makes no sense that you can't catch them after they faint. I mean, where are they gonna go? It should be easiest when they're knocked out cold.
---
"I could care less" means you care right now.
The proper phrase is "I couldn't care less."
#5RethalwolfPosted 5/21/2013 7:35:35 AM
Immortal_Chaos7 posted...
I voted yes but now that I think about it, that would probably make things incredibly too easy. Trying to keep a pokemon alive while trying to catch it is one of the staple challenges of pokemon. I guess it wouldn't hurt if you had one last chance to throw a pokeball after they faint with some better odds for success but if you fail, the pokemon flees.

This would be perfect for that runaway shiny you crit.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#6ZabuzadonoPosted 5/21/2013 7:39:33 AM
First thought was ok, second through was it would be annoying during all of those random battles to have to say "no" to attempting to catch them, third thought is meh, idk...

They allowed you to reset legendaries the past 2 gens, so what is the big deal with KO-ing a legendary with a crit now? And who uses moves that CAN crit-kill a legendary nowadays? Doesn't everyone else use a Foresight / False Swipe / Spore Smeargle?
---
Skyrim is the girl who keeps breaking my heart, yet is so hot I still keep coming back on the chance I may get to sleep with her again. - Spurner
#7fahademonPosted 5/21/2013 7:40:36 AM
Rethalwolf posted...
Immortal_Chaos7 posted...

This would be perfect for that runaway shiny you crit.

Or that Selfdestrct Graveller.
---
There will come a day when I shoot myself in the head for saying this.-TVirusPredator
Waiting for:Jump Stars Victory Vs,Pokemon X/Y,Digimon Re:Digitize(3DS).
#8NaughtyGhostPosted 5/21/2013 7:40:55 AM
It would completely take the fun out of catching a Pokemon. I don't care how nonsensical or unrealistic it is.
---
Do not censor my voice, or soften my unit.
They must remain loud and rigid, respectively.
#9alatreon789Posted 5/21/2013 7:46:50 AM
I voted yes but only if you only have one last chance. Otherwise it would be way to easy.
---
This signature will not change until the rebirth of Nintendo Power. PSN: Interitum48
Started: 9:56 PM 12/18/2012
#10Hierarchy225Posted 5/21/2013 7:49:24 AM(edited)
I voted yes, but at the same time no.

I mean.. It would be too easy. What would be the point of having anything besides a Pokeball or Luxury ball?