This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What type do you think Sylveon will be?

#51MagikarpRulesPosted 5/21/2013 9:00:45 PM
NeonDragon9000 posted...
MagikarpRules posted...
I hope Game Freak reveals its type already, so we can move along.

Also, a pet peeve of mine is that I hate that people treat Sylveon as female only when we don't even know it gender ratio yet.

One of the upcoming Smash episodes will probably reveal it, at which point some of the "???" on the main site will probably be revealed. I recall someone found in the source one of them is "Strategy," so it will likely contain an updated type chart.

Also, aren't all the Eeveelutions 7:1 male?

Yet people refer to some of them as female. Go figure.
#52NeonDragon9000Posted 5/21/2013 9:02:37 PM
I dunno, maybe they feel Sylveon just "looks" more feminine.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#53EbonMagicianPosted 5/21/2013 9:18:55 PM
Nukeleo posted...
My money is heavily on them revamping the type balance rather than make another type; it'd allow them to rebalance types that are trash (defensive Ice types for instance) and bring wildly broken typings back in line a bit.

A new type would be notably more boring but I guess it's possible albeit lame.

You must be terrible with money then. Don't visit vegas any time soon.
---
3DS FC: Lotaphi 1118-1539-9491 --- Vita PSN: Bernkestel Wii U: Bernkastel
message me if you add me. yes, there is a spelling difference between my psn and wiiu
#54NeonDragon9000Posted 5/21/2013 9:27:41 PM
Not to mention there would be incredible backlash against Game Freak if there was a drastic type re-alignment. The change between Bug and Poison from Gen. I to II was relatively minor and the changes went both way (both went from being super-effective to each other to being resistant to each other.)

Can you imagine the complexity and all the new memorization if, say, Ice was given an entirely new set of strengths and weaknesses? You'd then have to balance/change all the other types it has a non-neutral relationship with, and that, in turn, would completely alter the viability of certain Pokemon that have said types.

What's easier: adding a new type that is clearly designed to balance out a type that is seen as OP (Dragon, just like Dark and Steel were added to balance out Psychic), or completely changing an elemental chart that has been in place largely since 1996?

I'd gonna guess that Game Freak will get lazy and add a new type, so we have a nice, even set of 18 elemental types.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#55BloodlustSwedenPosted 5/22/2013 2:35:26 AM
Type1: Who
Type2: Cares
---
Strip the flesh! Salt the wounds! *Manical laughter*
#56David_741Posted 5/22/2013 3:06:46 AM(edited)
Omg why do you think their will be a Fairy type...

No no no.....NO....

You would have to change silly pokemon like CleFAIRY.

Anyways hopefully it will be a flying type.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylph - Air elemental

Judging by its name.
---
FC: 5286 0685 2561
#57ShariadarowPosted 5/22/2013 5:12:27 AM
David_741 posted...
Omg why do you think their will be a Fairy type...

No no no.....NO....

You would have to change silly pokemon like CleFAIRY.

Anyways hopefully it will be a flying type.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylph - Air elemental

Judging by its name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylvan

Look, it's not hard, just look a little harder before making a fool of yourself. It's SYLVeon, not SYLPHeon, meaning the origin is Sylvan.

What makes the Sylph thing even more pathetic, is look at Sylveon's names in other languages. It's name means Nymph in Japanese and French, and Fairy in German. Nymph and Sylvan are directly associated, as both typically refer to forest/nature creatures. Nothing about those names has anything to do with Flying.

Nor does it look like a Flying type. Ribbons that float around do not make it a Flying type any more than Suicune's tails floating do, Sylveon has been shown to imbue it's ribbons with power and create a pattern of lights, things Flying types aren't known for. Plus, according to Pokemon Smash, Sylveon is weak to Poison and is at least not weak to Ice, which rules out Flying completely.

Seriously, if this is all you people thinking Sylveon will be a Flying type have to go off of, just stop it, please, it's sad. Pokemon Smash alone proves that Flying type is an impossibility because flying types are weak to Ice and aren't vulnerable to Poison, never mind everything else.
#58blackshoelacePosted 5/22/2013 5:23:16 AM
Dragon without a doubt.
---
GoldenEye 007: [DS]Renfreak @ 2641-0130-7739
#59hereforemnantPosted 5/22/2013 10:30:16 AM
hereforemnant posted...
hereforemnant posted...
NewbieN00b posted...
hereforemnant posted...
Wind type, and i've even got a whole post prepared as a argument to back it up, so i dare you boards ask.

Wind?

Here you go, it's where i posted everything i have on it.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/66211208

Edit: **** that took too long to dig up, this better go somewhere.

Bump for discussion

---
Senator Armstrong for President 2016