This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do moves lose their TM status each generation?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Why do moves lose their TM status each generation?
2 years ago#1
Each gen should keep adding on TMs instead of outright replacing them.

It makes me sad that I can't give my new Pokemon old moves :(
---
http://images.wikia.com/dragonball/images/d/d4/GokuBeeGif.gif
2 years ago#2
http://i.minus.com/iblVAG4ICsSKKO.gif
---
http://images.wikia.com/dragonball/images/d/d4/GokuBeeGif.gif
2 years ago#3
Because GameFreak.
---
"The best things in life must be taken... by force!"
~Captain Khan
2 years ago#4
To keep things fresh without having about 300+ TMs to sift through. Future move tutors always bring back some old TM moves, so most moves find a way back.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
2 years ago#5
I remember back when gold silver was the craze and fire ice and thunder punch were TMs (pretty op when you think about it) anyway, i must've ben about 7 so i got bored of my starter and i REALLY liked furret. I was devastated that i couldn't get a furret with all the punchs ( kind of like an inside joke/ easter egg thing, like keeping a teddy as a keepsake) but with the move tutor's i have my bamfy furret back.
2 years ago#6
because No guard Machamp uses Fissure.
---
Official Crystal of the Pokemon X and Y board
2 years ago#7
SpacePirateKhan posted...
Because TrollFreak.

Fix'd
---
Rocket Professor ~ R ~ Support Elesa! Real Arceus. Third Version M 2/26/13
Official ANBU of the Pokemon boards.
2 years ago#8
reaverz posted...
To keep things fresh without having about 300+ TMs to sift through. Future move tutors always bring back some old TM moves, so most moves find a way back.

Good answer.
---
Awaiting for NEW Paper Mario, Final Fantasy (Classic style), Kirby, Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem, and Mario Sports Mix successor on Wii U...
2 years ago#9
I just hate the outright useless TM's like Struggle Bug taking up space when things like Focus Punch get booted. Also, there shouldnt be practically 100 TMs....there's too much filler. You could go back to 50 or so, and just make them all solid, useful moves, and it would be better. Trim the fat.

Also, as much as i enjoy the convenience of reusable TM's, I feel like it has dumbed things down a bit. I think I would've preferred it if they just made it so that you can get multiples of every TM through some means. Im too spoiled now to actually want that to happen now, but I think it would've been a better way to do it in Gen V than just making everything infinite.
2 years ago#10
I feel like it has dumbed things down a bit. I think I would've preferred it if they just made it so that you can get multiples of every TM through some means. Im too spoiled now to actually want that to happen now, but I think it would've been a better way to do it in Gen V than just making everything infinite.

Infinite TMs is more convenient.

It doesn't make anything easier, just less tedious.
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Why do moves lose their TM status each generation?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived