This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How Were the Legendaries Designed?

#1ShadowOfDeathPosted 5/21/2013 5:59:24 PM
Were the designers making sketches and, after picking these two, decide the games should be called X and Y since their bodies are shaped somewhat like those letters?

or...

Was X and Y already predetermined as the game titles this gen, and the designers were forced to make pokemon that looked like the letter X and letter Y?

The former is what I hope would have happened, because the latter is just plain stupid.
#2FuneralCakePosted 5/21/2013 6:01:09 PM
It probably is the latter, actually. I don't see what the problem is...
---
NO MORE HOME ROWED BECAUSE I'M A GOOD GIRL
so drag me down to the ocean floor, 'cause i don't wanna fight no more
#3ShadowOfDeath(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2013 6:06:10 PM
its just slightly depressing that the creative process was limited to 'let's make pokemon that look like the alphabet". The unown are weird enough. Legendaries shouldn't have to fall into that dreadful cast as well.
#4FuneralCakePosted 5/21/2013 6:08:59 PM
It's no less un-creative than making Reshiram and Zekrom white and black, or Groudon and Kyogre red-ish and blue-ish.

Also, if you even look at Xerneas, do you see an X? Not likely. It has to position itself to look like an X, which is more clever than having it just look like an X all the time.
---
NO MORE HOME ROWED BECAUSE I'M A GOOD GIRL
so drag me down to the ocean floor, 'cause i don't wanna fight no more
#5ShadowOfDeath(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2013 6:12:42 PM
you've got a point with Xerneas. The first thing I thought of actually was that movie Princess Mononoke i think it was. If it wasn't that one then it was definitely one of Studio Ghibli's movies. Yveltal though...with that "third wing/hand/phallis?" lol