This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has anyone failed to memorize all the Gen V pokemon up to this point?

#61pokemongames(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 3:17:00 PM
Like I thought, I can't memorize all the Gen V Pokemon. I got 63/156 on the Gen V sporcle quiz.
---
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior, and I am 100% proud of it.
#62PsychoWolfXPosted 5/22/2013 3:27:01 PM
I know all of gen 1, all of gen 2, maybe half of gen 3, 80% of gen's 4 and 5
#63FratellolupoPosted 5/22/2013 3:28:53 PM
spelling as a whole different matter. screw you amo-alo-almo-amolo-alomo... luvdisc 2.0
#64pokemongames(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 3:30:33 PM
Fratellolupo posted...
spelling as a whole different matter. screw you amo-alo-almo-amolo-alomo... luvdisc 2.0

Alomomola is simple... it's a palindrome.
---
#65Elec Man EXEPosted 5/22/2013 3:42:44 PM
I've long had them all memorized. Name, type, general stat spread to a certain extent (not numbers, but at least as far as "this pokemon has high special attack and defense, ect), general moveset to a certain extent, and pokedex order somewhat. Gen5 helped me remember the order by doing it by route, since I can roughly remember when each one shows up first.

Its kind of funny, I'm forgetful for everyday things (like I'll think "I have to go and feed my fish and grab a box of kleenix, go downstairs and get the kleenix, get back upstairs and say "Doh, forgot the fish...) but I can remember hundreds of fictional creatures from a video game perfectly.Brains are dumb sometimes.
---
~ Master of Electricity ~
Electro: 0518-6613-7620 - Pokemon White
#66RadioRebelPosted 5/22/2013 4:41:07 PM
mada7 posted...
Nope and I don't know how many of the pokemon I can list off the top of my head. I have better things to do with my time than memorize 649 names and Id like to think pretty much every human being is the same

You seem to think memorization is an active process that involves the investment of time, which is not necessarily the case. It's possible to remember something without trying. I can name every Pokémon on sight along with their types and evolutions, and I'm fairly confident I can name at least the first 386 in order. I never took the time or made a conscious effort to learn all of those things, it just came naturally from seeing them over and over again while playing the games and seeing them all laid out in order.
---
Official Fletchling of the Pokemon X board
Gen Sixers: Uno, Hoennbabbies: STRANDED IN MICHIGAN!
#67westontickleePosted 5/22/2013 4:42:23 PM
They're too irrelevant and hideous to remember besides Tepig and Meloetta obviously.
---
People who hate on Queen Jiggs are obvious trolls
Official king of the Persona 4 Golden and Pokemon X boards
#68PChaosWMPosted 5/22/2013 7:53:28 PM
I know most (if not all) of the final evolutions of all the Pokemon, but I still end up forgetting the names of several Gen 5 Pokemon that are not in their final form. The rest I have down easy.
---
Growing old is mandatory... growing up is optional.
Pokemon Black 2 FC - Mamoser / 0090-1828-2316
#69pokemongames(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 2:46:27 PM
Bump.
---