This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So... How do you think Eevee evolves into Sylveon?

#1NeonDragon9000Posted 5/21/2013 10:09:47 PM
The first three Eeveelutions used stones. The next two were based around happiness and time of day. The two after that were about leveling up in certain areas.

Thus, with each new Eeveelution comes a new gimmick. Therefore, I'm going to guess that none of the above mentioned methods will be used. Some other evolution methods that haven't been used yet for Eevee:

a) Trade evolution... Nothing really wrong about this, but seems a little generic. Could be compounded by needed a specific item, or even trading with a specific Pokemon, but I kind of doubt it.

b) Leveling up knowing a certain move... This seems to have been done only with the Gen. IV evolutions of the Gen. I Pokemon, to try to justify why they didn't exist in previous gens. This, then, could potentially work for Eevee. Perhaps it has to learn a certain Fairy-type move?

c) Wait for it... A typical, level-based evolution. Perhaps raise Eevee to a certain level, do nothing special, and it just evolves? Wouldn't work because of the issue above... How would Game Freak explain why you couldn't get Sylveon this way in previous gens?

Then, you have the various rumors. A persistent one has been the "Bonds" system, which has been variously explained as everything from pairing up two Pokemon in battle to a massively upgraded/changed happiness system. The rumors basically state that Eevee will evolve when it has a maximum bond or happiness sync with any other Pokemon, into Sylveon.

What do you think?
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#2Jarred623Posted 5/21/2013 10:10:25 PM
tl;dr
---
This account has been placed into Purgatory, a timed suspension from posting any further messages on GameFAQs. Twice.
#3BikdipOnABusPosted 5/21/2013 10:22:50 PM
Something involving the new "bond" mechanic, I'm guessing. Unless that turns out to be a replacement for the happiness system, I guess.
---
If you actively hate Justin Bieber... then you don't know what "intended audience" means. Hate Twilight instead, it's far worse.
#4jEr3mYPosted 5/21/2013 10:25:45 PM
It'll be some new gimmick.. They won't use an older method.. Even if it's a different moved for a move based evolution... It'll be a completely new gimmick
---
Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game. If you agree, send me a message. Number of people who agree: 17 - updated 22 March 2013
#5HemerukioPosted 5/21/2013 10:31:24 PM
NeonDragon9000 posted...
c) Wait for it... A typical, level-based evolution. Perhaps raise Eevee to a certain level, do nothing special, and it just evolves? Wouldn't work because of the issue above... How would Game Freak explain why you couldn't get Sylveon this way in previous gens?

Due to the Fairy Pokemon in the region, Eevees exposed to the place which they reside in for too long allows it to become one itself?

If Fairy is actually going to become a type, anyway. If not, replace Fairy in that explanation with whatever else it could be if it's a new type.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6nh9mNfm11rnkfgmo1_500.jpg
Gen 5 FemAce is mai waifu.
#6NeonDragon9000(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2013 10:43:38 PM
BikdipOnABus posted...
Something involving the new "bond" mechanic, I'm guessing. Unless that turns out to be a replacement for the happiness system, I guess.

Keep in mind anything involving "bonds" has been the creation of blind rumors. Absolutely nothing of that sort has even been hinted at yet.

Although I have to admit some of the rumors have really gotten creative about how such a system might work, and even included things like a shared Pinsir/Heracross evolution.
---
#7FuneralCakePosted 5/21/2013 10:44:27 PM
Fairy Stone
---
NO MORE HOME ROWED BECAUSE I'M A GOOD GIRL
so drag me down to the ocean floor, 'cause i don't wanna fight no more
#8BountyanPosted 5/21/2013 10:46:51 PM(edited)
NeonDragon9000 posted...
Keep in mind anything involving "bonds" has been the creation of blind rumors. Absolutely nothing of that sort has even been hinted at yet.

Are you kidding me?

http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/blog/dir_english/?p=561
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#9NeonDragon9000(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2013 10:47:56 PM
Bountyan posted...
NeonDragon9000 posted...

Are you kidding me?

http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/blog/dir_english/?p=561

Okay, I obviously missed this.

But some of the more elaborate theories, such as Eevee needing to reach max happiness with a paired Pokemon, are nothing more than rumors. They make a lot of sense, however, and I actually could see something like that happening.
---
#10LexifoxPosted 5/21/2013 10:51:35 PM
The bonds mechanic, possible connection to a specific location.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod