This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

All the evidence against Fairy-type.

#1ArmandoXIIIlPosted 5/22/2013 12:28:35 AM
"..."
---
Formerly DoctorTitor
None of us on this board are garbage! We are a GAMEFAQS, and we're darn proud of it! - MMX377
#2Arne83Posted 5/22/2013 12:32:41 AM
Uhh.... "It's too girly"? I dunno! I'm trying my best here!
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
#3asdfggghh1Posted 5/22/2013 12:46:29 AM
Speculation.
---
My balls do not blend.
#4LordAlistairPosted 5/22/2013 12:47:47 AM
asdfggghh1 posted...
Speculation.

But you're also speculating when you say there won't be a fairy type.
---
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9710/bossqt.jpg
http://www.zeldaeternity.com/2011/05/you-might-be-a-zelda-hipster/
#5BoyOfBattlePosted 5/22/2013 1:32:01 AM
well it's a garbage series so you can expect them to insert more garbage in there
---
http://i.imgur.com/xv0NvNr.png
Spurs. "Bat" Manu. Tony Parkour. Tim Duncan "You." we already won.
#6stranksyPosted 5/22/2013 1:55:58 AM
asdfggghh1 posted...
Speculation.

But you're also speculating when you say there won't be a fairy type.

Never use that argument in real life; it's weak. Very weak. The burden of proof always rests with the person who makes the original claim.

Back on topic, there really isn't any evidence against the fairy type. And even if there was, at this point, it would have to be quite substantial to counter all the evidence for the type.

well it's a garbage series so you can expect them to insert more garbage in there

Why are you here then?
---
When life's really getting you down, take solace in the fact that you're going to die.
#7Emerald_MeliosPosted 5/22/2013 5:01:35 PM
BoyOfBattle posted...

Garbodor evolution confirmed.
#8CakeOfLiesPosted 5/22/2013 5:37:59 PM
There doesn't need to be one.
All the ideas that people can think of are really bad ideas.
Adding one could potentially ruin/break an existing type and destroy whatever balance we have.
A new type hasn't been officially announced.
There are already six hundred and freaking forty-nine Pokemon so either a big fat chunk of them would be retconned, or the Kalos Region will be full of Fairies. Neither of those possibilities sound very appealing.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#9OlikromPosted 5/22/2013 5:45:36 PM
CakeOfLies posted...

We didn't need Steel or Dark. They could have just improved the quality of Bug and Ghost moves.

That's up for debate.

Adding one could potentially ruin/break an existing type and destroy whatever balance we have.

News flash - the game is imbalanced as ****. That's what happens when you create hundreds of different playable characters.

But Sylveon isn't Normal or Flying.

There are already six hundred and freaking forty-nine Pokemon so either a big fat chunk of them would be retconned, or the Kalos Region will be full of Fairies. Neither of those possibilities sound very appealing.

The idea of making a bunch of old Pokemon feel new again doesn't sound appealing to you? You must be very boring.
---
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y204/Olikrom/MsPacManDSi.jpg
Pokemon White 2: 0261-8137-4958
#10Deadly_FirePosted 5/22/2013 6:35:43 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
The game doesn't need diagonal movement or 3D or really anything. But adding new things for fun keeps a series fresh.
Subjective and we aren't even the ones making the new Pokemon so it doesn't matter.
There's little balance at the moment anyway. Plus, there's risk in any change. Adding new Pokemon could break the balance. Adding new moves and abilities could too. But being overly cautious causes stagnation and is boring.
True.
Yes, but that's 649 Pokemon spread around 17 types. An even spread of single-typed Pokemon would mean ~38 Pokemon per type. When you look at how there are only 28 Ghost and 32 Ice and Dragon types, achieving that number of Fairies isn't unattainable between retcons and new Pokemon. Plus, it's not like Fairy would have to make up all this ground in its first generation.