This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

All the evidence against Fairy-type.

#21reaverzPosted 5/23/2013 12:45:19 AM
Spartan_Vice posted...
That's not evidence of fairy-type, that's evidence AT BEST of a new type.

The thing is, if Sylveon is a new type, then the most likely name for its new type will be Fairy (Yousei in Japanese) given its naming pattern across various languages (using the words nymph, sylvan, and fairy). If you believe that there is a new type, then the name Fairy is the safest bet.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#22GoGoatPosted 5/23/2013 3:08:38 AM
EbonMagician posted...
I always find it funny when people say, and I kid you not "it would be too hard to go back through and change all the pokemon to fit with fairy".

I honestly don't understand when people, for some reason, assume that something is too hard for game developers FOR them. I have heard this SO MANY times when people argue as to why something in a game shouldn't happen.

Who do these people think they are that they can measure the level of difficulty something is for any game developers? If a game developer is good and they take their work seriously, they will do or get anything done that they want to be done. I have never heard the answer from a major developer of anything be "Meeeehhhh... Ess too hard..."

Not to mention its utterly moronic, when you consider they'll have to program every other type for the new game engine. One more isn't going to kill someone, and by the time they actually start programming, the planning is likely done and they have a list of all the pokemon whos type variable is being changed to Fairy this gen.
---
"You forgot to turn off the immersion?!"
#23NewbieN00bPosted 5/23/2013 3:47:44 AM
willingmess posted...
Melkac posted...
Spartan_Vice posted...
All the evidence for fairy-type: Circumstantial and speculation.

All the evidence for fairy-type: Poison is super effective against one type only as of Gen V. Sylveon isn't a grass type.

They could've made poison Super effective against bug again, or they could've given Sylveon an ability that affects type effectiveness.

But why would they test types and reveal at the end 'lol type matchups changed'
---
Give me all teh FE D':
#24ThatPersonGuyPosted 5/23/2013 4:04:57 AM
NewbieN00b posted...
willingmess posted...
Melkac posted...
Spartan_Vice posted...

All the evidence for fairy-type: Poison is super effective against one type only as of Gen V. Sylveon isn't a grass type.

They could've made poison Super effective against bug again, or they could've given Sylveon an ability that affects type effectiveness.

Assuming Gamefreak hasn't done things like this in the past.

They're called Trollfreak for a reason.
---
"You don't have an inferiority complex, you're just inferior."
-Sarcastic Announcer in Wave Race
#25JacornonthecobPosted 5/24/2013 6:22:14 AM
ThatPersonGuy posted...
NewbieN00b posted...
willingmess posted...
Melkac posted...
Spartan_Vice posted...

Assuming Gamefreak hasn't done things like this in the past.

They're called Trollfreak for a reason.

Do you think Sylveon is a bug type?