This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sylveon is not an existing type

#1ShariadarowPosted 5/22/2013 5:36:49 AM
I'm getting a little sick of people ignoring the evidence we have thus far simply because they can't stand the idea of a new type, so I'm going to show you why it's impossible for Sylveon to be any existing type.

1. Pokemon Smash stated that Sylveon is not the same type as any of the other Eevees. This rules out Normal, Fire, Water, Electric, Psychic, Dark, Grass, and Ice.

2. Pokemon Smash stated that Sylveon is not a Fighting type with their first test.

3. Sylveon was shown to be at least neutral versus Ice, possibly resistant or Super Effective. This rules out Flying, Ground and Dragon, and Grass was already ruled out due to #1.

4. Sylveon wasn't just affected by Poison(Which rules out Steel and Poison), she was shown to be weak to it, which rules out Rock, Bug, and Ghost.

With those results, we can thus rule out Normal, Fire, Water, Electric, Psychic, Dark, Grass, Ice, Fighting, Flying, Ground, Dragon, Steel, Poison, Rock, Bug, and Ghost. In other words, every type.

Some have argued that there could be a weakness chart change rather than new type, but for that to be true, we'd still have to eliminate Normal, Fire, Water, Electric, Psychic, Dark, Grass, and Ice due to being previous Eevee types, as well as Steel and Poison due to obviously not being weak to Poison. From there, we'd have to find a type that could become vulnerable to Poison, which at the same time cannot be weak to Ice. Good luck finding that.

Now, to add more to this to quiet the people going "Hurr durr, Sylveon is a Flying type", let's discuss it's name and displayed abilities, shall we?

First abilities, in it's first video reveal, it used Swift and Trump Card, both Normal type, some sort of charging move, and an energy tackle of some kind. Of the Normal type moves, Trump Card is learnable by Eevee, and Swift can be learned by one of the Eeveelutions if I recall. So that just leaves the charging move, and the energy tackle, neither of which we have much to go off of. However, we also have the movie trailer, and in it Sylveon displays the ability to make it's ribbons glow, and the ability to create a sort of mystical light effect, an effect which is clearly not Flying.

Now for it's name. It's English name has it's root in Sylvan, not Sylph, notice the V in the name. Sylvan is a term used to describe things associated with a forest, which ranges from normal creatures to mythological creatures and spirits. It's Japanese and French names, Ninfia and Nymphali, both are based off of Nymph, a mythological spirit that is associated with nature, usually the forest but sometimes other places such as rivers and seas. And the German name Feelinara comes from the word for Fairy, Fee.

Thus, as we know it is a new type, and we know that it's name translates to a mythological, Fae-like spirit in every language, the conclusion is the type may be a Fae type, or otherwise known as Fairy. This, combined with two separate leaks from leakers who have proven their credibility with previously confirmed leaks also stating that Sylveon will be a Fairy type, and one of them confirming that it will be weak to Poison, make it the most likely possibility.

In other words, stop making fools of yourselves. If you guys can't stand the idea of a fairy type, I really don't care, because neither you nor I get a say in the matter. If you want to argue that none of this matters until Gamefreak literally says it outright, fine, disregard the evidence from official sources and confirmed leaks both pointing to it. But at the very least, stop arguing that it's an existing type unless you can prove that there is a flaw with this reasoning.
#2Missingno_MastrPosted 5/22/2013 5:39:26 AM
THANK you!

I for one welcome our new Fairy-type overlords. Finally, someone else agrees with me that people are trying to disprove the idea of a new type simply because they dislike the idea. I mean, that's just sad. Suck it up and take the evidence for what it is already, people!
---
Official badass Admin of Team Miror Infinity. I ride a Shadow Scolipede. Top that.
http://imageshack.us/a/img202/4572/missingnogif.gif
#3Great_ReapettePosted 5/22/2013 5:42:00 AM
comedysketch

inb4stillcounts
---
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you, staring into your soul, using its duckiness.
QUACK.
#4Iced_ShadowsPosted 5/22/2013 5:44:34 AM
Well said, TC. The Pokemon community has never been good at accepting change, so a change as huge as a new typing is naturally going to be ignored for quite a while. Heck, even after it is officially revealed people will still deny. I remember when the final evolutions for the fifth gen starters were revealed... people still denied their existence for a while simply because they didn't like the designs. >_>
---
Shadow Temple...
Here is gathered Hyrule's bloody history of greed and hatred... - Shadow Temple Walls
#5JacornonthecobPosted 5/22/2013 5:45:15 AM
Great_Reapette posted...
comedysketch

inb4stillcounts

That's the point of comedy sketches, they pointesy give is false information, because it adds to the comedy when we find out we've been lied too and a lot of time was just wasted on worthless information.
#6blackshoelacePosted 5/22/2013 5:53:34 AM
Sylveon is Dragon type.
---
GoldenEye 007: [DS]Renfreak @ 2641-0130-7739
#7ArctimonPosted 5/22/2013 5:55:14 AM
disregard the evidence from official sources and confirmed leaks both pointing to it.

There's that word again.
---
~~Baltimore Ravens - 2013 Super Bowl Champions~~
Xiaolin Chronicles set to premiere Spring 2013!
#8Shariadarow(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 6:08:28 AM
blackshoelace posted...
Sylveon is Dragon type.

Dragon is weak to Ice and not vulnerable to Poison. It's name also has nothing to do with dragons. Try again.

Arctimon posted...
disregard the evidence from official sources and confirmed leaks both pointing to it.

There's that word again.

Ah, I knew I'd see one of you guys. Look, I'll put this as simply as I can.

We have one guy that leaked the black and white pokedex, and it ended up all being true. he says Sylveon will be a Fairy type.

We have someone else who leaked the English names of the four new pokemon as well as a new electric type move, which were also ended up being true. They also said that Sylveon would be a Fairy type, and listed vulnerability to Poison as one of it's weaknesses, which checks inw ith Pokemon Smash. That leaker also apparently lost their job working for Gamefreak as a result, which lends further credibility to it being true.

Both have confirmed leaks, leaks that have been true. So there is nothing wrong with me using the word confirmed there, notice I said pointing to it, not confirming that it absolutely is the Fairy type, because that part of the leaks has not been stated outright, at least as of yet. The other parts, however, have. So stop being a smartass.
#9JacornonthecobPosted 5/22/2013 6:08:53 AM
Arctimon posted...

There's that word again.

The word people use when Nintendo verifies the same information.
#10ArctimonPosted 5/22/2013 6:16:39 AM
So there is nothing wrong with me using the word confirmed there, notice I said pointing to it, not confirming that it absolutely is the Fairy type, because that part of the leaks has not been stated outright, at least as of yet. The other parts, however, have. So stop being a smartass.

And yet it hasn't been confirmed.
---
~~Baltimore Ravens - 2013 Super Bowl Champions~~
Xiaolin Chronicles set to premiere Spring 2013!