This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

who is your favorite pokemon? how did you come to like them?

#1zombiabsolPosted 5/22/2013 11:11:15 AM
RANT TIME FOR NO REASON

Tl;dr, I became obsessed with absol after battling karin in the elite four.

Love absols design, footprint, and cry.

I saw absol for the first time, when I challenged the elite four in soulsilver with their revamped teams. Karin I think her name is? I was a pokemon noob since that was my first pokemon game. When I saw absol I thought, wow that looks...cool. it looked bada**, mysterious ,sleek, and elegant all at once. Being my first pokemon game, I wasn't knowlegable of the moves and what they all do. So when absol used perish song, I didn't know it would end up taking my lead pokemon down with it ._. (Don't judge my stupidity of not inferring what perish song did) regardless, I thought that absol was really cool, and insisted on getting one. Sadly, I couldn't ever find a wild absol when I played soulsilver or my second game, emerald. I was kind of obsessed ._. Then I finally caught an absol in pokemon platinum and he has since then been my favorite pokemon. Sorry feraligatr and swampert.

Other reasons for being my favorite:

Absol has the highest attack of any non legendary pokemon that is not part of an evolution line. (I think)

Absol also has one of the more interesting pokedex entries. By that I mean it actually has stories behind it, not "it stores electricity in its cheeks"

Absol has awesome evolution POTENTIAL. An evo could boost his stats to keep up with his already good attack, and eviolite absol can have a max 394 attack with 329(sp.) defense( I believe that's it), or 359 attack with 360 (sp.) Defense, which would heavily improve him.

I just want an evolution gamefreak ._.

What about your favorites?
---
(PSN:zombiabsol3) RE6 and PASBR <3
Waiting for: Remember Me, The last of Us, and Pokemon X.
#2tyroneladPosted 5/22/2013 11:12:38 AM
Starmie - Misty <3
---
Stop right there, criminal scum!
#3BoyOfBattlePosted 5/22/2013 11:13:52 AM
salamence cuz i loved using it in ADV
---
http://i.imgur.com/xv0NvNr.png
Spurs. "Bat" Manu. Tony Parkour. Tim Duncan "You." we already won.
#4Nightstar1994Posted 5/22/2013 11:14:10 AM
Kingdra because of Leon Soryu's signature card (Blue Storm Supreme Dragon Glory Maelstrom) from Cardfight!! Vanguard. The card belongs to "Aqua Force" deck and it is a dragon.

Kingdra is Water/Dragon type. And i selected Kingdra instead of Palkia, because Kingdra suits the typing better.
#5InhaledCornPosted 5/22/2013 11:19:11 AM
Sceptile.

It's a Grass-type Starter (I tend to pick them. The only time I haven't was in Gen V, go fig). It has swords. It's considered a dragon as far as eggs are concerned.

Sceptiles a BAMF. No iffs ands or butts.

Butterfree.

My Compound Eyes + Sleep Powder Butterfree even took on Gary's Charizard and laughed at it while it ate his dreams of stardom.

Emboar.

IT'S A PIG. THAT IS ON FIRE. ITS WALKING, LIVING BACON. HOW IS THAT NOT AWESOME?!

Samurott.

See Sceptile's "sword" entry.

Galvantula.

IT'S A FREAKING ADORABLE, CUDDLY SPIDER! HOW COULD YOU NOT LOVE IT?!

Absol.

See Sceptile's BAMF entry. Also, many of the reasons TC listed. I first saw it back in my Sapphire playthrough and loved how beautiful it was. I totally had to get one.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I support the Fairy-type.
#6KitschgardenerPosted 5/22/2013 11:26:06 AM
Cloyster, irrationally just because of its appearance (I have a thing for spiky marine Pokémon for some reason - Seadra was my fave back in Gen I, and Qwilfish is my second-favourite Pokémon overall). I've since used it in Gen IV and V though and now have gameplay reasons - moves, bulk, utility - to justify liking it more.
#7Nightstar1994Posted 5/22/2013 11:38:43 AM
Now that i think about it, i really think about giving #1 spot to Palkia...>:(

I'm confused! Kingdra or Palkia. Kingdra or Palkia...
#8NekoHime64Posted 5/22/2013 11:40:08 AM
*looks at sig*

I wish I could actually use it more often ;_;
---
FF IX was better than FFVII. THERE, I SAID IT!!!
Unofficial Sneasel of the Pokemon X board.
#9noobody1Posted 5/22/2013 11:42:40 AM
Skarmory. It is a f***ing metal bird and tanks dragons all day long.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#10DarkDragon386Posted 5/22/2013 11:48:54 AM(edited)
Gyarados

Appearance: It looks incredibly badass. It pretty much put the monster in Pocket Monster. Look at it, how can you not say Gyarados looks awesome. Sea dragons have always been something that's intrigued me (The Seadramon line are my favorite Digimon, btw.)

Hyper beam from Lance's Gyarados in Gen 1 sucked.

Reward: Training the "useless fish" to level 20 and evolving into the awesome beast known as Gyarados, especially the first time you do it, is one of the most exciting and rewarding in the Pokemon franchise. Best 500 Pokebucks I've ever spent.

Anime: I've just always loved how Gyarados is portrayed in the anime. The first major Gyarados appearance is probably one of the few obstacles that Ash and co didn't overcome rather they got in more trouble for feeling its wrath.

Battle Prowess: Gyarados is a premiere sweeper, but is also very flexible in its other roles. It can trade in offensive capabilities for extra bulk and fit perfectly well. Two great abilities in Moxie and Intimidate. I've swept many teams with MoxieDos.

Two weaknesses.

Gyarados always seems to be the butt of the "Haha, it has 4X weakness, it sucks" comments, but two weaknesses is really not that much, they just happen to be against electric and stealth rock. Still, I always hate any of the 4X weakness comments because a lot of idiots act like weaknesses are the only Pokemon traits that matter (shown by some people believing Eelektross, Sableye, and Spiritomb are the greatest Pokemon ever because of it). Sorry, that's kind of a rant of idiots on Youtube. I especially love it how people say Gyarados sucks solely because of that, but then say TTar, Dragonite, Garchomp, Salamence, Scizor, or something else is awesome.

A perfect set up move in dragon dance, allowing it to outspeed anything except scarfers and base 123 speeds. Great offensive movepool options in waterfall bounce, ice fang, stone edge, and earthquake. Gyarados just becomes harder to kill after a few moxie boosts. Unlike most good threats, it's not a good idea to sacrifice a Pokemon to it due to moxie boosts.

Overall, Gyarados has been my favorite Pokemon since 1998 and unless something more awesome is released in the future, I don't see that changing.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)