This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wow, I just realized there will be Pokemon #666 in this game...

#51TheJester2Posted 5/23/2013 7:09:50 AM
GoGoat posted...
RageKaiser posted...

And only because 4 and "death" are the same word. "Shi"

That must get really confusing sometimes.

Not really. I don't mean to be that guy, but I think it would be pretty easy contextually to figure out whether they mean 4 or death.
---
"We were going to a funeral, but it looks like we got buried." -J.R. Smith
PSN: Whsguy
#52zombiabsolPosted 5/23/2013 7:09:59 AM
TherianReturns posted...
RageKaiser posted...
TherianReturns posted...

How long would it take before internet would eventually get invented? In our lifetime or later? And don't forget, without religion, there would be no Apple products and Mac computers, colour TVs, etc

Do you have actual proof for that? or are you just making things up for the sake of argument? Cause I have a friend who does that.

I'm just sayin'. Religion helped shape our world today, and we are lucky we have these and many things. For better and for worse

For worse, starting wars discrimination and other things.

And you can kind of think that as other technologies evolved, internet could have been invented for entirely different reasons, or for a war not started by religion.

And the internet might be useful, but its also full of bad things, so it really if not a "good" or "bad" thing.

And still, like he said, people talking about religion like it means something, which I take in sense of it being legit and the stuff from it is also legit, which it isn't.
---
(PSN:zombiabsol3) RE6 and PASBR <3
Waiting for: Remember Me, The last of Us, and Pokemon X.
#53PkmTrainerAbramPosted 5/23/2013 7:16:31 AM
I would think Pokemon 444 would be more meaningful to the Japanese, since 4 in certian pronouciations starts with the same sound as the word for death.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Platinum(493/493 now a 3 Star Trainer!), Pokemon HeartGold(JPN) run 470/493, Rocket Knight Adventures, and Comic Zone(Sega Genesis)
#54PkmTrainerAbramPosted 5/23/2013 7:20:31 AM
TheJester2 posted...
GoGoat posted...
RageKaiser posted...

Not really. I don't mean to be that guy, but I think it would be pretty easy contextually to figure out whether they mean 4 or death.

There's two ways to pronouce 4 in Japanese: Yon and Shi(NOT A CENSOR BYPASS MODS). The kanji for them however are completely different, but they share a common reading.

They usually opt to go with Yo/yon like in saying "yotsu"/4things.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Platinum(493/493 now a 3 Star Trainer!), Pokemon HeartGold(JPN) run 470/493, Rocket Knight Adventures, and Comic Zone(Sega Genesis)
#55TheJester2Posted 5/23/2013 8:51:10 AM
PkmTrainerAbram posted...
TheJester2 posted...
GoGoat posted...
RageKaiser posted...

There's two ways to pronouce 4 in Japanese: Yon and Shi(NOT A CENSOR BYPASS MODS). The kanji for them however are completely different, but they share a common reading.

They usually opt to go with Yo/yon like in saying "yotsu"/4things.

Cool, didnt know that.
---
"We were going to a funeral, but it looks like we got buried." -J.R. Smith
PSN: Whsguy
#56lanelazerbeamPosted 5/23/2013 9:00:48 AM
Spartan_Vice posted...
Nothing is true. EVERYTHING is permitted.

We work in the dark, to serve the light.
---
If true: Official Chinese Dragon of the pokemon x/y boards
"Oh look, another person I don't like."-ColtCababa
#57Milla_MaxwellPosted 5/23/2013 11:39:17 PM
I doubt it will be anything notable.

Bellsprout was Pokemon #69, when it would have made much more sense if Ditto was Pokemon #69.
---
"Wherever I may live, I remain the same person. Nothing will change." - Milla Maxwell.
http://www.abload.de/img/aonp7v.gif
#58LandscapeManXPosted 5/24/2013 4:23:01 AM
Milla_Maxwell posted...
I doubt it will be anything notable.

Bellsprout was Pokemon #69, when it would have made much more sense if Ditto was Pokemon #69.

But that Bellsprout mouth.
fits 69 perfectly.
---
Official Great Toad Sage of this board.
#59TruePowerSeekerPosted 5/24/2013 4:28:41 AM
They didn't do anything for pokemon 4, 9, 42, 43, or 564. Why would some western superstition be of any significance?
---
http://tinyurl.com/ck8fqvn