This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think it's possible Groundon caused...(SPOILERS)

#11bakkahentai8600(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 11:50:44 PM
Well, now I'm not sure because I have two different sources saying different things (one says two years prior to generation II and one says two years after generation I).
---
Previously the_sage2600
I'm baaaacccckkkkk
#12Firemaster5Posted 5/22/2013 11:59:15 PM
From: bakkahentai8600 | Posted: 5/23/2013 3:50:44 AM | #011
Well, now I'm not sure because I have two different sources saying different things (one says two years prior to generation II and one says two years after generation I).

Either way, it's before Gen. 2 since it takes place three years after Gen. 1.
Entei could've roamed in Kanto before then as the generations are more about the plot and the volcanic eruption wasn't mention until Gen. 2. The Pokémon existed in the Pokéarth's history before the games regardless of when the company released and created their concepts from our perspectives; especially Arceus, which wasn't revealed until Gen. 4 I reality.
---
Nostalgia makes the heart feeble. It is the heart's...nemesis."-Trema, FFX-2
#13zinformantPosted 5/23/2013 4:55:35 AM
Possible? Sure. Likely? Nope. It's the same fallacious reasoning behind the folks who thought Arbok evolved into Seviper. Not every snake has to be related, and not every natural disaster has to be related.

Re: the second question, it depends on how far the region is from everything else. I don't want cameos if it's unreasonable that we'd actually see anyone.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#14bakkahentai8600(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 7:19:23 AM
zinformant posted...
Possible? Sure. Likely? Nope. It's the same fallacious reasoning behind the folks who thought Arbok evolved into Seviper. Not every snake has to be related, and not every natural disaster has to be related.

Re: the second question, it depends on how far the region is from everything else. I don't want cameos if it's unreasonable that we'd actually see anyone.

I really only wanted Groudon to cause the eruption because of how...isolated Hoenn seems to be compared to the rest of the series.
---
Previously the_sage2600
I'm baaaacccckkkkk
#15Gray_AreasPosted 5/23/2013 7:56:39 AM
bakkahentai8600 posted...
zinformant posted...

I really only wanted Groudon to cause the eruption because of how...isolated Hoenn seems to be compared to the rest of the series.

Hoenn and Kanto have to be within a somewhat close proximity to each other because Navel Rock and Birth Island are accessible in both. So it's possible that the events of Groudon's awakening in Emerald caused the Volcano to erupt and destroy Cinnibar Island.

But the Entei thing in plausible too.
---
White FC: 4727 7422 4019
Platinum FC: 2063 5286 9480
#16Great_ReapettePosted 5/23/2013 8:04:30 AM
Gray_Areas posted...
Hoenn and Kanto have to be within a somewhat close proximity to each other because Navel Rock and Birth Island are accessible in both. So it's possible that the events of Groudon's awakening in Emerald caused the Volcano to erupt and destroy Cinnibar Island.

This isn't official, but it makes sense.
http://serebii.net/pokearth/
---
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you, staring into your soul, using its duckiness.
QUACK.
#17Gray_AreasPosted 5/23/2013 8:07:37 AM
Great_Reapette posted...
Gray_Areas posted...

I wish GameFreak would release an official layout of the Pokemon World as we know it. It would be so much cooler to be able to piece together a timeline with a map.
---
White FC: 4727 7422 4019
Platinum FC: 2063 5286 9480
#18bakkahentai8600(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 10:52:49 AM
Gray_Areas posted...
Great_Reapette posted...
Gray_Areas posted...

I wish GameFreak would release an official layout of the Pokemon World as we know it. It would be so much cooler to be able to piece together a timeline with a map.

Yeah, but then how would they invent new regions?
---
Previously the_sage2600
I'm baaaacccckkkkk
#19Great_ReapettePosted 5/23/2013 10:54:37 AM
bakkahentai8600 posted...
Gray_Areas posted...
Great_Reapette posted...
Gray_Areas posted...

Yeah, but then how would they invent new regions?

---
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you, staring into your soul, using its duckiness.
QUACK.
#20snuffles504Posted 5/23/2013 11:17:32 AM
Great_Reapette posted...
Gray_Areas posted...

The placement of Sinjoh Ruins makes no sense on this map. It's supposed to be partway between Johto and Sinnoh. This map has it on the opposite side of Johto from Sinnoh.

There's always, you know, this.
http://static.fjcdn.com/large/pictures/59/44/59440f_1330130.jpg

(Yeah, I know the map of Hoenn is actually rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise.)

Also, FRLG specifically say that Hoenn is a long distance away from Kanto, so I doubt that Groudon had anything to do with Cinnabar. Entei is more likely (if any Pokemon is related to the incident) because of two things:

1. HGSS retconned the Legendary Beast incident. In GSC you awoke them, but in HGSS Eusine has already been on their trail for quite some time and has tracked them to the Burned Tower. This leaves room for point #2...

2. In FRLG, the three Beasts roam Kanto post-E4. So Entei has actually been shown to be in the Kanto region between the events of FRLG and HGSS.

I believe the beasts appearance in FRLG is canon, much like I believe the appearance of the Winged Mirages in Platinum is canon. (HGSS throws a kink in that second one, but I see the addition of the Mirages and Mewtwo as being non-canon since no one in-game actually mentions them.)
---
....because shutup.
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!