This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Feae type

#1Aladdin2557Posted 5/23/2013 4:56:47 AM
Ok so assuming we do have a new Fairy-type, how is it going to affect already existing Pokemon. Are all their types just going to change or something? Seems a bit clumsy to me.
#2DweezleMoonunitPosted 5/23/2013 5:16:50 AM
That's what they did with Magnemite in Gen 2. So I'd say that's exactly what they'd do.
---
PARAPPA THE ZAPPA
#3Aladdin2557(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 5:21:35 AM
DweezleMoonunit posted...
That's what they did with Magnemite in Gen 2. So I'd say that's exactly what they'd do.

Yeah but there's loads of them. Basically every normal type can be nominated for Fairy type, like Clefairy, Togepi, Jigglypuff, Snorlax, Ditto, Chansey, Audino plus others like Celebi, Jirachi, Mawile, Mewtwo, Plusle/Minun, Marill etc

So isn't it too much?
#4BrightStar7Posted 5/23/2013 5:21:41 AM
I honestly can't see types being retconned if they have 2 already. The ones with one like Clefairy will be easy cause you just add on. Maybe something like Togekiss will retain its regular combo unless you choose to apply a new evo method or something to make it Fairy. That is, you'll have some Togekiss as Normal/Flying and some as Fairy/Flying with superficial design changes.
---
BANZAI Xerneas-sama!!! >_<
#5DweezleMoonunitPosted 5/23/2013 5:30:29 AM
Aladdin2557 posted...
DweezleMoonunit posted...

Yeah but there's loads of them. Basically every normal type can be nominated for Fairy type, like Clefairy, Togepi, Jigglypuff, Snorlax, Ditto, Chansey, Audino plus others like Celebi, Jirachi, Mawile, Mewtwo, Plusle/Minun, Marill etc

So isn't it too much?

Some of those are a bit of a stretch, like Snorlax, Ditto, Mewtwo, Plulse/Minun and Marill. They should retype maybe 10 old Pokemon and introduce 10 of the new type. It would have the least amount of any type, but Ghost only has, like 27 right now.

But huge amounts of retyping would be kinda dumb, I agree.
---
PARAPPA THE ZAPPA
#6KitschgardenerPosted 5/23/2013 5:31:56 AM
Maybe something like Togekiss will retain its regular combo unless you choose to apply a new evo method or something to make it Fairy. That is, you'll have some Togekiss as Normal/Flying and some as Fairy/Flying with superficial design changes.

Moar formes?
#7ShariadarowPosted 5/23/2013 5:39:21 AM
Here's a list of all of the ones I could see being Fairy type. Not necessarily all the ones I think will be that type if it's true, but all the ones where it would make sense to me.

Clefairy line(Pure Fairy)
Chansey line(Normal/Fairy perhaps?)
Vulpix line(Fairy/Fire)
Togepi line(replacing Normal for the dual types)
Snubull line(Fairy or Normal/Fairy)
Misdreavus line(Ghost/Fairy)
Mawile(Steel/Fairy)
Glalie(Ice/Fairy)
Plusle and Minun(Electric/Fairy)
Ralts line(Psychic/Fairy)
Milotic(Water/Fairy)
Whimsicot and Lilligant(Grass/Fairy)
Zorua line(Fairy/Dark)
Azelf, Uxie, Mesprit(Psychic/Fairy)
Mew(Psychic/Fairy)
Celebi(Grass/fairy)
Jirachi(Steel/Fairy)
Manaphy(Water/Fairy)
Victini(Fire/Fairy)
Newtwo(Psychic/Fairy)

Notice, not too many are actually Normal type.
#8BrightStar7Posted 5/23/2013 5:49:06 AM
Kitschgardener posted...
Moar formes?

Form without e. Like I said superficial. And we've had that already with gender differences where they gave tons of Pokémon extra forms. So do that for the Fairy variants of existing mons.
---
BANZAI Xerneas-sama!!! >_<