This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

We can almost make a team consisting of weapons

#11SlimeStackPosted 5/23/2013 1:08:53 PM
zinformant posted...
Nintendo316T posted...
Sharpedo.

Sharpedo is too big to be a weapon. It's huge.

Aren't torpedos meant to be huge? O.o
---
Moo
#12Noble-HeartPosted 5/23/2013 1:08:59 PM
Voltorb and Electrode = grenades
---
Official Crystal of the Pokemon X and Y board
#13mralpha543Posted 5/23/2013 1:11:44 PM
Bisharp
Gallade
Swords
---
Rocket Professor ~ R ~ Support Elesa! Real Arceus. Third Version M 2/26/13
Official ANBU of the Pokemon boards.
#14zinformantPosted 5/23/2013 1:14:09 PM
SlimeStack posted...
zinformant posted...
Nintendo316T posted...
Sharpedo.

Sharpedo is too big to be a weapon. It's huge.

Aren't torpedos meant to be huge? O.o

Eh, I suppose.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#15AysanderPosted 5/23/2013 2:43:20 PM
Think TC is of the group that claims close-ranged combat is dead, and the only real weapons are cowardly as crap cannons, bows, and guns. XD

He failed to mention:

Escavalier(Lance)
Excadrill (Arguably a Sword/Lance)
Haxorus (Axe)
Kabutops (Sickle)
#16snuffles504Posted 5/23/2013 2:46:25 PM
Aysander posted...

---
....because shutup.
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!
#17nro87Posted 5/23/2013 11:20:23 PM
Aysander posted...
Think TC is of the group that claims close-ranged combat is dead, and the only real weapons are cowardly as crap cannons, bows, and guns. XD

He failed to mention:

Escavalier(Lance)
Haxorus (Axe)
Kabutops (Sickle)

How is advanced weaponry cowardly? I don't want to start a debate, so I probably won't respond after this, but there is nothing cowardly about guns unless you are using them to make yourself feel more badass. Most gun owners carry guns for protection, not toughness. If I get mugged on the way to my car, I'd rather have my 1911 than an axe.

Also, Excadrill is a drill, not a lance.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.
#18stranksyPosted 5/24/2013 3:28:09 AM
Aysander posted...

He failed to mention:

Escavalier(Lance)
Haxorus (Axe)
Kabutops (Sickle)

How is advanced weaponry cowardly? I don't want to start a debate, so I probably won't respond after this, but there is nothing cowardly about guns unless you are using them to make yourself feel more badass. Most gun owners carry guns for protection, not toughness. If I get mugged on the way to my car, I'd rather have my 1911 than an axe.

Also, Excadrill is a drill, not a lance.

I believe he refers to a relatively common belief (at least, where I live it's common) that, while guns are inarguably effective, they are a coward's weapon. You do not require any strength to use a gun, nor do you need anywhere near the same skill you need for most close-range combat. In times before guns, you had to face your opponent man-to-man, look him directly in the eyes, and have more skill than him if you wanted to walk away alive.

With a gun, on the other hand, all you need to do is be faster than your opponent (if it's a duel) or just plain shoot him when he isn't looking. You don't need the lifetime of training + dexterity + strength + speed + some luck that you need to defeat a skilled user of the sword.
---
When life's really getting you down, take solace in the fact that you're going to die.
#19KillerMechanoidPosted 5/24/2013 3:31:23 AM
They should come up with a pokemon that evolves into either a sword or a gun. One has higher attack and the other has higher special attack.