This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon Music General Topic #1

#1JagusPosted 5/23/2013 12:55:36 PM
This topic is dedicated to discussing the music of Pokemon.

I'll start by bringing up Giratina's Distortion World Battle Theme, or as the soundtrack lists it, "Battle! Giratina!"

At first I dismissed it, but it's pretty creepy and good. I love the way the song kicks off... truly a sense of distortion. The riff communicates a sense of urgency. I love all the reversed sound effects and chimes. My favorite part is when the flute comes in later in the song and plays a short bit, it sounds like it's saying "this is a glimpse of God's design."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfmDHDt1oW4

I wonder if Junichi Masuda or Go Ichinose composed it, or somebody else entirely.
---
No, marriage is about love. It fails because people think love can be reduced to a feeling. - On the Edge
#2Jagus(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 1:45:20 PM
I can't be the only one who loves Pokemon music.
---
No, marriage is about love. It fails because people think love can be reduced to a feeling. - On the Edge
#3bwburke94Posted 5/23/2013 1:50:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSJYAT6Jpzs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKSHin8oyxQ

Let the music play!
---
Probably not getting an Xbox One. I think I've made my reasons clear, guys.
And shut up with the semantic nonsense. It is indeed always online. Cue the flames.
#4Jagus(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 1:59:57 PM
God, I loved Miror B so much, especially his Gale of Darkness theme. So funky.
---
#5FuneralCakePosted 5/23/2013 2:03:06 PM
Jagus posted...
I wonder if Junichi Masuda or Go Ichinose composed it, or somebody else entirely.

Probably Go Ichinose, judging from the bass. He likes to put a lot of that sort of stuff into his songs.

Anyway, I like pretty much all Pokemon music unless it's from gen 3. Those were some god-awful songs. Especially the ones from XD and Colosseum.
---
NO MORE HOME ROWED BECAUSE I'M A GOOD GIRL
so drag me down to the ocean floor, 'cause i don't wanna fight no more
#6Jagus(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 2:08:56 PM
Gen 3 is probably my least favorite, music wise. I think it might be because I feel like the sound changed drastically. Maybe it was because of the addition of so many trumpets. With that said though, I did like some of the tracks, like the Elite 4 and Champion themes, and the Wild Pokemon encounter.

I've been trying to track down information on Go Ichinose's style and influences and stuff, but I can find almost no information on the man. I think it's a shame, considering he's been working on Pokemon's music since GSC.
---
#7FuneralCakePosted 5/23/2013 2:15:58 PM
I think the thing about gen 3's music is that the songs aren't necessarily bad, composition-wise, but the instruments are just... blech. It's not just the horns, but they're a big part of why it's bad.

Colosseum and XD, though... those games were just made by untalented people all around, so there's not a whole lot of good things I can say about the music there.

Go Ichinose is pretty great. I think I like Hitomi Sato's songs a bit better for the most part, though. She's one of the best things ever to happen to Pokemon music.
---
NO MORE HOME ROWED BECAUSE I'M A GOOD GIRL
so drag me down to the ocean floor, 'cause i don't wanna fight no more
#8Jagus(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 2:19:30 PM
What are some of the contributions she's made?
---
#9TherianReturnsPosted 5/23/2013 2:23:57 PM
Pokemon music is fine. It's you I don't like.
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about
#10Jagus(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 2:30:02 PM
Lmao
---