This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT: We discuss why Colosseum and XD are so different from the other games.

#1bwburke94Posted 5/23/2013 1:56:38 PM
1. Genius Sonority isn't as good of a developer as Game Freak is.
---
Probably not getting an Xbox One. I think I've made my reasons clear, guys.
And shut up with the semantic nonsense. It is indeed always online. Cue the flames.
#2MaetchPosted 5/23/2013 3:37:56 PM
2. It's not a "Pokémon RPG", but rather an RPG with Pokémon in it.

Whereas a proper Pokémon RPG gives you almost complete freedom to mix and match Pokémon and attacks however you like, Colosseum and XD limits you to a pre-set roster of Pokémon and limited moveset options that you cannot deviate from, both of which are restrained further by your progress in the plot.
#3FuneralCakePosted 5/23/2013 3:40:20 PM
bwburke94 posted...

I was going to say this.

They're so, so, so terribad.
---
NO MORE HOME ROWED BECAUSE I'M A GOOD GIRL
so drag me down to the ocean floor, 'cause i don't wanna fight no more
#4NightinanglePosted 5/23/2013 3:45:39 PM
bwburke94 posted...

I liked these games.

Changing formula to attract a different audience.
#5Ubergeneral3Posted 5/23/2013 3:50:29 PM
i loved them. They broke the mold and made a game that was fun and innovative.

More games like that should be made, but also have all the good stuff from pokemon stadium.
---
If there is a 3rd version form pokemon black and white I will close my account.
#6RainbowsaurusPosted 5/23/2013 3:53:36 PM
Ubergeneral3 posted...
i loved them. They broke the mold and made a game that was fun and innovative.

More games like that should be made, but also have all the good stuff from pokemon stadium.

This. I especially love the Battle Mountain (I think that's what it's called?)

But I'd kill for a Stadium 3, mini games and all.
---
I gotta do what?
http://i.imgur.com/JJOpf2G.png
#7FuneralCakePosted 5/23/2013 3:54:03 PM
It's nice that they broke the mold and changed the formula and all that, but Genius Sonority are still terrible developers. Maybe if the games were made by Game Freak instead, they might have actually been good.

It's sort of like if someone wrote the best script for a movie ever in the history of the universe, but then gave a bunch of kindergarteners a camera and told them to make the movie. It's just not gonna turn out good at all.
---
NO MORE HOME ROWED BECAUSE I'M A GOOD GIRL
so drag me down to the ocean floor, 'cause i don't wanna fight no more
#8DarkDragon386Posted 5/23/2013 5:06:49 PM
Never got the hate for either game.

Whereas a proper Pokémon RPG gives you almost complete freedom to mix and match Pokémon and attacks however you like, Colosseum and XD limits you to a pre-set roster of Pokémon and limited moveset options that you cannot deviate from, both of which are restrained further by your progress in the plot.

While you get more freedom in the handheld games, I don't see how this is a point. You still have a limited roster, unless you trade, in the main games. You still have level up moves in the main games. You still get TMs in Colosseum and XD.

While I may understand it more for Colosseum (you only get 52 Pokemon to work with), I don't see how it applies to XD. You have so many more options and XD pretty much patched up most of the problems with Colosseum.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#9DarkDragon386Posted 5/23/2013 5:08:20 PM
Not to mention Wes is probably the most badass protagonist in the Pokemon series.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#10KariyaLollipopPosted 5/23/2013 5:17:16 PM
DarkDragon386 posted...
Not to mention Wes is the most badass protagonist in the Pokemon series.

Fixed
---
The Bird of Hermes is My Name
Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame