This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hate that they're trying to force us to level all our Pokemon equally

#1UltimacakePosted 5/23/2013 4:41:49 PM
I soloed all the Pokemon games I played using nothing but my starter and some cannon fodder I was forced to take. I grinded exactly one time in all the games, in Red/Blue before the second battle with my rival, until I was strong enough to overtake the accuracy decrease attack. Now, I understand some people like to boost their bird and bug Pokemon, but when you play the game "the way it is meant to be played"(according to the very first strategy guide", then it gets annoying when you realize your team's overall strength is worse, and that it is taking you twice as long to make half the progress. I get that to be "competitive" you have to have a full team of super ultra perfect optimal stat Pokemon that you have to spend months to get just right, but if I want to focus on my Squirtle or Blaziken, instead of a midget bug thing that evolves into a midget moth thing with horns, I should be allowed to do so.
---
PSN: Xeedragon
#2_KGC_Posted 5/23/2013 4:42:53 PM
I'm pretty sure you can still do this.
---
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra
#3Rad_DudesmanPosted 5/23/2013 4:43:43 PM
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/0/03/Heavy_specialcompleted09.wav
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
#4FierceDeity1026Posted 5/23/2013 4:44:26 PM
Nothing's stopping you from focusing on only your starter in-game. But yeah, you'll get demolished if you try that competitively (unless maybe it's Speed Boost Blaziken).
#5NightinanglePosted 5/23/2013 4:48:38 PM
I don't know why I read all this.
#6CyberWrist101Posted 5/23/2013 4:48:54 PM
Not sure if troll topic or not...
---
Gamertag: SquirtleMan649
#7FuneralCakePosted 5/23/2013 4:49:59 PM
Too much cake.

Play the game the way you want. Nobody's forcing you to do anything.
---
NO MORE HOME ROWED BECAUSE I'M A GOOD GIRL
so drag me down to the ocean floor, 'cause i don't wanna fight no more
#8Ultimacake(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 4:57:17 PM
Funny, because considering the way they add rotation battles, triple battles, and reduced/scaled back leveling, you'd think they'd want you to level up more Pokemon. And the aforementioned strategy guide.......
---
PSN: Xeedragon
#9Arne83Posted 5/23/2013 5:04:47 PM
You know... you're not meant to play the game with only one Pokemon, right? That is, in no way, how it should be played...
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
#10jayman7Posted 5/23/2013 5:05:04 PM
So... you don't want to catch monsters in your monster-catching-themed game?

May as well whine that Mario games force you to jump.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere