This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Imagine how powerful the Reuniclus line would be if they developed fully!

#1sumuthergamerPosted 5/23/2013 4:32:12 PM
They're pretty powerful psychics... And they only reach the fetus stage! Imagine if a Reuniclus actually grew into an adult. It would toss Mewtwo around like a rag doll!
---
sumuthergamer = some other gamer. Get it?
Call me "gamer", not "sumu"...
#2FierceDeity1026Posted 5/23/2013 4:34:33 PM
Maybe the adult form is Jynx
#3EnferolunosPosted 5/23/2013 4:34:51 PM
It's a baby mewtwo
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#4FuneralCakePosted 5/23/2013 4:35:00 PM
It is fully developed. Not a fetus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homunculus
---
NO MORE HOME ROWED BECAUSE I'M A GOOD GIRL
so drag me down to the ocean floor, 'cause i don't wanna fight no more
#5sumuthergamer(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 4:47:06 PM
FuneralCake posted...

It may be partially based on a Homunculus, but it's at least also partially based on a fetus.
From bulbapedia:
Reuniclus and the rest of its evolutionary line seem to bear reference to cells, with the green substance surrounding their bodies resembling cytoplasm and the objects inside their bodies representing organelles. The line down its head also resembles a cleavage furrow in cell biology. It may also make allusion to the embryonary stages, specifically when the embryo is fully developed to become into a fetus, while the green jelly may represent the amniotic fluid. The way its organelles are lined up in Reuniclus's arms resemble the generic meter for volume control, most likely referencing the ability to amplify its powers. Reuniclus also has a strong resemblance to a homunculus, due to its larger ears, mouth, and hands, to represent a homunculus's ability to amplify. It may also be based partially on an amoeba, with its arms resembling pseudopods.
---
#6FuneralCakePosted 5/23/2013 4:50:34 PM
A lot of the stuff on Bulbapedia is just speculation, you know.
---
#7sumuthergamer(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 4:55:41 PM(edited)
FuneralCake posted...
A lot of the stuff on Bulbapedia is just speculation, you know.

But what you say isn't?

Solosis/duosion/Reuniclus is at least partially based on cellular division. Don't lie to yourself. Pokemon can have more than one inspiration.
---
#8hereforemnantPosted 5/23/2013 4:58:29 PM
FuneralCake posted...

^This.

Though still small to some, as a homunculus it doesn't really have a long evolution line. It's already made it pretty far to begin with.
---
Senator Armstrong for President 2016
#9FuneralCakePosted 5/23/2013 5:00:27 PM
sumuthergamer posted...
But what you say isn't?

Well, no. Not really. It's pretty clear it's based on a homunculus.

Solosis/duosion/Reuniclus is at least partially based on cellular division. Don't lie to yourself. Pokemon can have more than one inspiration.

I never said that wasn't the case. It makes perfect sense that it's based on cell division. The fetus part, though... not so much.
---
#10EnferolunosPosted 5/23/2013 5:04:03 PM
FuneralCake posted...
sumuthergamer posted...
But what you say isn't?

Well, no. Not really. It's pretty clear it's based on a homunculus.

I never said that wasn't the case. It makes perfect sense that it's based on cell division. The fetus part, though... not so much.

Last I checked, cell division leading from a blob of cells to a humanoid form is indicative of fetal development. Although if you prefer "embryo" considering it's stage in development, that's fine too.
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you