This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Imagine how powerful the Reuniclus line would be if they developed fully!

#11sumuthergamer(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 6:05:12 PM
Come on. You can't just accidentally design a Pokemon that resembles cellular division that much, without trying to. I'll agree that it's also based on a homunculus.
---
sumuthergamer = some other gamer. Get it?
Call me "gamer", not "sumu"...
#12KeeperOfShadowsPosted 5/23/2013 6:06:26 PM
These topics are always great. *tracks*
---
A voice of reason, in a chaotic realm.
You're too angry... calm down... and let the madness take hold. - Arne83
#13sumuthergamer(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 6:36:28 PM(edited)
FuneralCake posted...
sumuthergamer posted...
But what you say isn't?

Well, no. Not really. It's pretty clear it's based on a homunculus.

Solosis/duosion/Reuniclus is at least partially based on cellular division. Don't lie to yourself. Pokemon can have more than one inspiration.

I never said that wasn't the case. It makes perfect sense that it's based on cell division. The fetus part, though... not so much.

A zygote is a single cell stage in cellular division. An embryo is an early multicellular stage. A fetus is what it's called when it starts developing human features and physiology.

Edit: also, you say "it's pretty clear it's based on a homunculus". Well, I say it's pretty clear it's based on a fetus. Actually, I'm surprised anyone could seriously not see that.
---
#14Faust_8Posted 5/23/2013 6:49:59 PM
I just don't see why you're equating cellular division with embryonic development.

You realize it could be cellular-based but NOT about embryonic development, right? My cells are dividing right now.

In any case, though, hooray for another "your interpretation is wrong!" topics.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#15EnferolunosPosted 5/23/2013 6:51:57 PM
Faust_8 posted...
I just don't see why you're equating cellular division with embryonic development.

You realize it could be cellular-based but NOT about embryonic development, right? My cells are dividing right now.

It goes from a blob of cells to a humanoid shape. Are the clusters of cells in your body forming into humanoid shapes? You might want to get that checked out.
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#16sumuthergamer(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 7:10:52 PM(edited)
Enferolunos posted...
Faust_8 posted...

It goes from a blob of cells to a humanoid shape. Are the clusters of cells in your body forming into humanoid shapes? You might want to get that checked out.

This.

Also, mitosis (your cells dividing right now) involves a cell dividing to become two identical copies, while surrounded by all the rest of your cells. Meiosis (cells dividing in utero) involves starting from a single cell and becoming an organism.

I know my science. This is getting annoying

Edit: also, if it was normal cell division, you would start with a solosis and then get two solosis. You would not get duosion and Reuniclus.
---
#17sumuthergamer(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 9:39:14 PM
Bump, because this might be a fad now...
---