This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do people in the pokemon world do if they don't like pokemon?

#31Firemaster5Posted 5/24/2013 8:37:56 PM
Firemaster5 posted...
Each other...

They can have jobs in construction, art, food, etc., though.
Maybe some like to participate in recreational activities like jogging or basketball.

The pokemon do those jobs.

Aside from construction, we've seen that there are artist, chefs, and whatnot. They're can be ones w/ Pokémon like we've seen but, also a variety independent of Pokémon. We don't have to be so close-minded to believe that there can't be anything w/o 'em and that it operates so unrealistically. It's sounding like many people would be oppressed by the ideals. It's not like there aren't NPCs shown to have minuscule involvement w/ Pokémon (Castelia). It's hardly highlighted, though, and Pokémon are somehow involved in a majority of that world. I've also got to remember who the TC is. :/
Now the question would be if they abhor Pokémon or if they just don't show much interests in them but are tolerable co-existing w/ them giving minor focus and not working directly w/ them but, are indifferent to them. They might be seen by some as we see each other in some situations.
---
If only you were the Mysterious Figure, so you could time-travel back to when this joke was still relevant."~KMAnsem
#32TIGERJACKS0N-Posted 5/24/2013 9:28:50 PM
Firemaster5 posted...
Firemaster5 posted...
Each other...

Maybe some like to participate in recreational activities like jogging or basketball.

Aside from construction, we've seen that there are artist, chefs, and whatnot. They're can be ones w/ Pokémon like we've seen but, also a variety independent of Pokémon. We don't have to be so close-minded to believe that there can't be anything w/o 'em and that it operates so unrealistically. It's sounding like many people would be oppressed by the ideals. It's not like there aren't NPCs shown to have minuscule involvement w/ Pokémon (Castelia). It's hardly highlighted, though, and Pokémon are somehow involved in a majority of that world. I've also got to remember who the TC is. :/
Now the question would be if they abhor Pokémon or if they just don't show much interests in them but are tolerable co-existing w/ them giving minor focus and not working directly w/ them but, are indifferent to them. They might be seen by some as we see each other in some situations.

The pokemon are still better at the job than people.
---
Everyday the sun comes up around her, she can make the birds, sing harmony!
http://i.imgur.com/VBsWOu2.png <3 Ain't no woman like the one i got..
#33Firemaster5Posted 5/24/2013 9:33:46 PM
From: TIGERJACKS0N- | Posted: 5/25/2013 12:28:50 AM | #032
Firemaster5 posted...
Firemaster5 posted...
Each other...

The pokemon are still better at the job than people.

It's not about me doubting such. Its just a point that they're not limited to them completely.
---
"I'd like to unbox her Mark of Mastery Edition if you know what I mean."-Goombacrusher07
#34LightningHawk90Posted 5/24/2013 9:35:37 PM
May didn't like Pokemon. But she sucked it up and trained them anyways.
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#35Firemaster5Posted 5/24/2013 9:44:31 PM(edited)
May didn't like Pokemon. But she sucked it up and trained them anyways.

May being a key character like that would have to learn to.
There's a difference between working w/ them and just dealing w/ them being around.
BTW, I see it as passing observations, and using logic and semantics on that view. If we have various points, I can see them as friendly debates. I'm not looking to cause trouble here.
---
AND NOW IT IS YOUR CONFUSION THAT SHALL BE THE ARK THAT SUSTAINS MEH!!!!!!! Random_Ghost to Tgirl
#36Digital_Knyte07Posted 5/24/2013 9:47:44 PM
Remember what happened to Cinnibar Island? I heard they didn't like Pokemon there.
---
I hate college but love all the parties
Finishing kegs and crushing bottles of Bacardi
#37P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 5/24/2013 9:49:51 PM
Well, if we equate Pokemon to our universes animals, which I'm assuming they are, but with genetic alterations that allow them to harness elemental abilities, then not liking Pokemon would be like hating animals. Now, that's not saying it's terrible to hate one species of animals, like spiders (in Pokemon's case, we'll say Joltik), but just about everybody can find species of animals they like, and so the same happens with the Pokemon universe

Also, if you'd like to take that any further, trainer classifications alert the trainer to possible Pokemon which that trainer might favor, in our world this relates to how human personalities can sometimes reflect that of certain animals
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#38Devil_ChromePosted 5/24/2013 10:04:38 PM
hunting pokemons?? duh.. it's already in the game.. you hunt the pokemons and catch them... or make them faint and leave them in the wild.
---
"Prepare yourself for an eternity in Hell."
-The One that hunts Souls..
#39Firemaster5Posted 5/24/2013 10:08:48 PM
hunting pokemons?? duh.. it's already in the game.. you hunt the pokemons and catch them... or make them faint and leave them in the wild.

By using other Pokémon
---
"Explaining the joke is like dissecting a frog. You understand it better but the frog dies in the process."
--E. B. White
#40darkbusterPosted 5/24/2013 10:19:49 PM
I'm pretty sure there are a lot of ways to get around for someone who doesn't like Pokemon. The real problem is staying on par with someone who does love working with Pokemon. From the dialogue & based on the types they usually have, even if someone's job doesn't directly require Pokemon, they do have Pokemon that help them with whatever they do, such as sailors typically having strong water & fighting types to help with all the physical labor they do, archaeologists & miners tend to have Pokemon that are quite good at digging, & even scientists often have electric, steel, & psychics.

You know, this sounds like a good plot point to look at how people who have trouble working with Pokemon for whatever reason, get by in the Pokemon world.
---
Remember kids, it's only an RPG until someone gets hit with a meteor; Then it's a JRPG!
SSBB: 3869 0521 7142