This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help with Singles BT team

#1PkmTrainerAbramPosted 5/23/2013 9:54:40 PM
Brongzong @ Light Clay
Levitate
EVs in max HP, split Defenses
Dual Screens/EQ/Gyro Ball

The lead of the team to spread DS then switch to....

Gliscor @ Leftovers
EV placement I cannot remember, but it has 154 HP/141 Def/ 147 Speed at level 50
Swords Dance/EQ/Night Slash/Roost

The guy to boost up and hopefully sweep.

Snorlax @ Metronome
Thick Fat
Evs Max HP/Spilt between Attack/Sp Def
EQ/Fire Blast/Crunch/Body Slam

I have him in to take Fire and Ice attacks that will just **** in the cereal of the other two Pokes, but I worry about offensive coverage overall or if Snorlax is even a good fit for my team. No Lefties kinda sucks.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Platinum(493/493 now a 3 Star Trainer!), Pokemon HeartGold(JPN) run 470/493, Rocket Knight Adventures, and Comic Zone(Sega Genesis)
#2PkmTrainerAbram(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2013 6:12:49 AM
bump
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Platinum(493/493 now a 3 Star Trainer!), Pokemon HeartGold(JPN) run 470/493, Rocket Knight Adventures, and Comic Zone(Sega Genesis)
#3TherianReturnsPosted 5/24/2013 6:15:06 AM
I would help, but you're a level 37 account. You should know how to help yourself.
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about
#4KitschgardenerPosted 5/24/2013 7:00:41 AM(edited)
It's nice to see a fairly bulky team for the Tower. There's exactly one mixed Infernape set that your opponents can use, but the only physical Fighting-type move on it is Mach Punch, which Snorlax can probably take. Same for Blaziken, only with non-STAB Night Slash.

I'm unsure about the value of Metronome for Snorlax seeing it's only a cumulative 10% boost in Gen IV - wouldn't Life Orb be a better fit?

EDIT: Oh, and Gyarados is bound to be a problem, especially Jolly @King's Rock - Bite/Waterfall/Ice Fang/Dragon Dance.
#5PkmTrainerAbram(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2013 7:34:19 AM
I couldn't find a LO in my bag when I looked, but it may be on a Poke in the PC now that I think about it.

As for Gyrados, and status, I'm thinking about adding an Electric or Ice move in the team somewhere, and replacing Gyroball on Bron with Safegaurd, so that when I switch in to sweep I won't have to worry about status.
---
#6InhaledCornPosted 5/24/2013 7:40:52 AM
Go with Gliscor's DWAbility of Toxic Heal with Toxic Orb. He'll actually recover more HP than with Leftovers. And, that way, you can give Leftovers to Snorlax.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I support the Fairy-type.
#7KitschgardenerPosted 5/24/2013 7:46:58 AM
Go with Gliscor's DWAbility of Toxic Heal with Toxic Orb. He'll actually recover more HP than with Leftovers. And, that way, you can give Leftovers to Snorlax.

In the Battle Tower?
#8PkmTrainerAbram(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2013 7:49:33 AM
InhaledCorn posted...

Love to. Except Gen 4 can't.
---
#9InhaledCornPosted 5/24/2013 7:55:11 AM
PkmTrainerAbram posted...
InhaledCorn posted...

Love to. Except Gen 4 can't.

Oh, didn't see that. I didn't see the mention of what game it was for, just that you were doing it for the...

*facepalm*

B/W didn't have the Battle Tower. They had the Battle Subway. I'm so used to the tower I completely forgot.

Um... Maybe Flash Fire Arcanine? He could take the Fire and Ice attacks. The other two cover his Ground and Rock weaknesses very well. Water, not so much.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I support the Fairy-type.
#10ZabuzadonoPosted 5/24/2013 9:08:21 AM
A good water type covers your weaknesses better than Snorlax IMHO.

Since it is BT, I always suggest Starmie, as its coverage is amazing. You could also go with Gyarados, Floatzel, Kingdra, Azumarill or Empoleon - they all cover your weaknesses nicely.
---
Skyrim is the girl who keeps breaking my heart, yet is so hot I still keep coming back on the chance I may get to sleep with her again. - Spurner