This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

They should make more hold items with breeding effects.

#1PheonixFFire7Posted 5/23/2013 10:48:18 PM
Some I came up with:

Incenses:
Full Incense – Offspring’s HP IV is maxed, but Speed IV is 0.*
Luck Incense – Offspring’s Speed IV is maxed, but HP IV is 0.*
Odd Incense – Offspring’s Sp.Def IV is maxed, but Defense IV is 0.*
Rock Incense – Offspring’s Defense IV is maxed, but Sp.Def IV is 0.*
Rose Incense – Offspring’s Sp.Atk IV is maxed, but Attack IV is 0.*
Pure Incense – Offspring’s Attack IV is maxed, but Sp.Atk IV is 0.*
Lax Incense – Offspring’s Defense and Sp.Def IV’s cannot be less than 25.*
Sea Incense – Offspring’s Attack and Sp.Atk IV’s cannot be less than 25.*
Wave Incense – Offspring’s HP and Speed IV’s cannot be less than 25.*
*Effect is not applied when offspring results in a baby form pokemon.

Scarves:
Blue Scarf – Offspring hatch with 100 Speed EV’s.
Green Scarf – Offspring hatch with 100 Sp.Def EV’s.
Pink Scarf – Offspring hatch with 100 Sp.Atk EV’s.
Red Scarf – Offspring hatch with 100 Attack EV’s.
Yellow Scarf – Offspring hatch with 100 Defense EV’s.
Silk Scarf – Offspring hatch with 100 HP EV’s.

Growth Boosters:
Lucky Egg – Eggs produced hatch 2x faster.
Soothe Bell – Base happiness of offspring is 50% higher than usual.
Macho Brace – Offspring inherit two more random IVs from its parent, in addition to the three it already inherits from both parents.

Hold Items:
Metal Powder – If held by Ditto, offspring inherit max HP IV.
Quick Powder – If held by Ditto, offspring inherit max Speed IV.
Mental Herb – Passes down the parent's Sp.Atk and Sp.Def EV's.
Power Herb – Passes down the parent's Attack and Defense EV's.
White Herb – Passes down the parent's HP and Speed EV's.
Destiny Knot – Offspring will always be the same gender as the parent, as long as both parents are of the same species.
Eviolite – Offspring will gain boosted experience from battles if the parent holding this was not fully evolved.
Lucky Punch – When held by Chancey, offspring will be born with the move Counter.

Evolution:
Protector – The parent cannot produce offspring while holding this.
Dubious Disk – Genderless offspring are born with the cured Pokerus virus.
Up-Grade – Genderless offspring are born with 255 EV’s in the stat boosted by its nature.

Pokeballs:
Premiere Ball – Offspring is placed in a Premiere Ball, rather than a Pokeball. The ball is consumed if the holder is removed from the daycare.*
*This can work with any type of ball.

Other:
Relic Crown – Slightly increases offspring's odds of shinyness (stacks with other effects).
#2KitschgardenerPosted 5/24/2013 1:27:35 AM
These are great, but they should really be signposted somewhere in the game. Counter Blissey is underrated IMHO. Now if there was an item that passed down Seismic Toss (or, at least, if Happiny got it by level-up or something).
#3NessEggmanPosted 5/24/2013 1:38:30 AM
These are really cool. With this, you could effectively use breeding chains to guarantee 31 IVs in four stats, without ever relying on luck.

Create a male and female like this, one with 4 of the 31 IVs, one with at least 2 of them and the nature passed on, and then breed them with the everstone and herb... you'd have pretty good breeding parents quickly, and with a lot more control. I'd really enjoy that!
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
#4NessEggmanPosted 5/24/2013 1:41:54 AM
Actually, I just thought of a better idea. How about instead of hold items, you actually started your own breeding center in this game? You could get it post-game (you could use the daycare before that point) after completing MANY sidequests. Then by doing something like Battle Frontier, you'll slowly be able to build up the facilities/ammenities on your center, guaranteeing baby outcomes (they would be able to be turned off/on... like they could be items you place out on your 'ranch' or whatever with the Pokemon, that could also be packed away).

So you could essentially, after acquiring slowly all these items, and perhaps playing some minigame when you first put the couple in the breeding center, effectively max IVs and influence other things. Items could still be used... this could even just work for IVs only :)
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
#5SephirothtPosted 5/24/2013 1:43:36 AM
NessEggman posted...
Actually, I just thought of a better idea. How about instead of hold items, you actually started your own breeding center in this game? You could get it post-game (you could use the daycare before that point) after completing MANY sidequests. Then by doing something like Battle Frontier, you'll slowly be able to build up the facilities/ammenities on your center, guaranteeing baby outcomes (they would be able to be turned off/on... like they could be items you place out on your 'ranch' or whatever with the Pokemon, that could also be packed away).

So you could essentially, after acquiring slowly all these items, and perhaps playing some minigame when you first put the couple in the breeding center, effectively max IVs and influence other things. Items could still be used... this could even just work for IVs only :)

So kinda like HGSS Safari Zone?
---
Officially faved Ninetales, everywhere, R - Burning Knight Executive
Facebook: http://alturl.com/juupo
#6crunchy612Posted 5/24/2013 2:14:39 AM
Oh jesus, HGSS had the worst Safari Zone ever
---
Ragnarok: Tetra Vortex Warlock :3
YancyYancyYancyYancyYancy! <3 http://i.imgur.com/5o2PG35.png
#7KitschgardenerPosted 5/24/2013 2:17:11 AM

It had potential (all dem pogeymanz), but Game Freak went and made it one of the most confusing things ever.
#8SephirothtPosted 5/24/2013 2:20:49 AM
Kitschgardener posted...

It had potential (all dem pogeymanz), but Game Freak went and made it one of the most confusing things ever.

and most troublesome. That 3+ month wait just to be able to encounter Gible/Bagon/ f'ing Bronzong.
---
Officially faved Ninetales, everywhere, R - Burning Knight Executive
Facebook: http://alturl.com/juupo
#9UltrachaoPosted 5/24/2013 4:52:55 AM
I'll admit, I laughed at Protector.
---
Protoss is clearly the new alliance race for WoW.
MY LIFE FOR AIURnforge -Ridleysbiggestfan
#10TIGERJACKS0N-Posted 5/24/2013 4:56:28 AM
Pokeballs:
Premiere Ball – Offspring is placed in a Premiere Ball, rather than a Pokeball. The ball is consumed if the holder is removed from the daycare.*
*This can work with any type of ball.

YES YES PLEASE. Idk why but my pokemon HAVE to be in pokeballs that much their color. I have to hack them if it's impossible to. (therian kami formes in pink balls -_-)
---
Everyday the sun comes up around her, she can make the birds, sing harmony!
http://i.imgur.com/VBsWOu2.png <3 Ain't no woman like the one i got..