This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who was more evil Cyrus or Ghetsis?

#1djmetal777Posted 5/23/2013 10:49:18 PM
Cyrus or Ghetsis? - Results (91 votes)
Cyrus
28.57% (26 votes)
Ghetsis
71.43% (65 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Although at first glance cyrus might seem worse being a complete manic trying to eliminate the universe, he was still really calm and suprisingly not as bad in personality as he seemed. Ghetsis on the otherhand... was a complete sociopath who abused his son,(who might not even be his he so he kidnapped him) was manipulating his entire crew to aquire his own selfish goals and the icing on the cake: He tried glaciating the MC of B/W 2
Cyrus's insanity wasnt really portrayed so realisticly(cmonn somebody abandoning all emotions?) while Ghetsis's breakdown was more realistic and abusive
---
Official Nascour of B2/W2 Boards
Official Scyther of B2/W2 Boards
#2CornMoose2010Posted 5/23/2013 10:56:47 PM
Ghetsis. Cyrus seemed to honestly believe he was doing something good. Ghetsis, though... Crazy wacko. In a dress.
---
Rawbots: Robot crafting sandbox on PC/Mac/Linux/WiiU, maybe Occulus Rift/Ouya/iOS/Android/PS4. On Kickstarter.
#3crunchy612Posted 5/23/2013 10:58:03 PM
Ghetsis tries to kill you. Excuse me, freeze you to death. No contest there.
---
Ragnarok: Tetra Vortex Warlock :3
YancyYancyYancyYancyYancy! <3 http://i.imgur.com/5o2PG35.png
#4Nightstar1994Posted 5/23/2013 10:58:29 PM
I liked Cyrus more, but Ghetsis was more "directly" evil.
#5Spartan_VicePosted 5/23/2013 10:59:52 PM
Cyrus, I can't fathom any excuse why Ghetsis getting personally with you outweighs destroying existence in any scenario ever. Yes, that includes literally everything everybody has already said about Ghetsis.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Pzq4j.gif
#6sonicfanaticjtbPosted 5/23/2013 11:04:04 PM
Ghetsis. Though Cyrus wants to play god and Ghetsis is a far more generic villain, Ghetsis' actions and goals are more sinister.

They're both fantastic antagonists. And both were quite theatening. Ghetsis came the closest to achieving his evil plans (and we even see some of the effects of his plan in BW2, what with certain NPCs revealing that they did release their pokémon. Cyrus, meanwhile, may very well achieve his plan at some point or another.
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#7ScottThangPosted 5/23/2013 11:06:41 PM
Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but would Cyrus's plan have actually hurt anyone? I didn't play Platinum so I dunno how different his plan was there, but would creating a new dimension for him to be ruler of actually hurt anyone? Would it have destroyed the current one? If not, then I'm almost not entirely sure it's an evil plan at all outside of the means (blowing up a lake, imprisoning the pixies, etc). Ghetsis had a more direct "take over the world and make everyone else miserable" plan which included such noble acts as attempted murder, psychological torture, extortion, etc.

So unless Cyrus's plan would've meant the destruction of their current dimension and the extinction of humanity, I'm giving the point to Ghetsis.
---
Only on LUE would people be talking about Captain Planet commandeering the magic school bus- bronzeshadow
There is no cure for cancer- LUE's slogan
#8wind64aPosted 5/23/2013 11:08:33 PM
Ghetsis is the more evil one since he actually cares enough about humanity to try to rule it in a tyrannical manner.

Cyrus is the neutral horror that simply desires for everything to be neat, orderly and sterile. He's kind of like the "Auditors" in the "Discworld" series.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
#9wind64aPosted 5/23/2013 11:09:53 PM
ScottThang posted...
Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but would Cyrus's plan have actually hurt anyone? I didn't play Platinum so I dunno how different his plan was there, but would creating a new dimension for him to be ruler of actually hurt anyone? Would it have destroyed the current one? If not, then I'm almost not entirely sure it's an evil plan at all outside of the means (blowing up a lake, imprisoning the pixies, etc). Ghetsis had a more direct "take over the world and make everyone else miserable" plan which included such noble acts as attempted murder, psychological torture, extortion, etc.

So unless Cyrus's plan would've meant the destruction of their current dimension and the extinction of humanity, I'm giving the point to Ghetsis.

He wanted to replace the current universe with a new one. Kind of implies that the current one would no longer exist.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
#10Spartan_VicePosted 5/23/2013 11:13:16 PM
Okay, just so I don't have to go on a tirade on the purpose of alignments, Ghetsis is lawful evil and Cyrus is moreso chaotic evil. While Ghetsis wants to dominate humanity, he wouldn't kill everyone in existence to do it. Ghetsis does follow a set of laws, Cyrus however thinks the only way to create harmony is to destroy the universe and start again with him as God.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Pzq4j.gif