This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hope these games are more like Gold and Silver

#1pikachu6598Posted 5/24/2013 11:37:18 AM
I'm gonna sound like i'm whining, but I don't want legendaries being so integral to the game's plot anymore. Xerneas and Yveltal seem to be more along the lines of Ho-oh and Lugia, rather than the previous three gen's legendaries, so it would seem weird if they, say, had some sort of power that would help an evil team take over the world. They don't have to be as isolated from the story as in G/S, but just don't make it so Xerneas/Yveltal is the master weapon of an evil team, it's just getting a little stale.
---
If your future self hasn't come back in time to tell you not to do it...
Then it's not a bad decision...
#2pikachu6598(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2013 11:38:32 AM
Also, ease up on the legendaries Game Freak. We don't need 5 Trios and 5 event pokemon per game.
---
#3EnferolunosPosted 5/24/2013 11:38:52 AM
pikachu6598 posted...
Xerneas and Yveltal seem to be more along the lines of Ho-oh and Lugia, rather than the previous three gen's legendaries, so it would seem weird if they, say, had some sort of power that would help an evil team take over the world.

How so?
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#4FuneralCakePosted 5/24/2013 11:40:09 AM(edited)
You know, without the legendaries driving the plot, there's not really much else in the game...

Also, how do you know that Xerneas and Yveltal won't have some special power that the evil team(s) will want to use?

pikachu6598 posted...
Also, ease up on the legendaries Game Freak. We don't need 5 Trios and 5 event pokemon per game.

pikachu6598 posted...
I'm gonna sound like i'm whining

Yes. Yes, you are.
---
NO MORE HOME ROWED BECAUSE I'M A GOOD GIRL
so drag me down to the ocean floor, 'cause i don't wanna fight no more
#5jayman7Posted 5/24/2013 11:42:49 AM
pikachu6598 posted...

*looks at fifth gen* Three trios, four event legendaries.

Last I checked, 3 < 5 and 4 < 5.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#6roxbury1990Posted 5/24/2013 11:44:13 AM
I agree and I definitely agree with the second part. Legendaries become less legendary when there's a new 10 every gen.
---
White FC: 2581 1588 9644 // wii code = 1308 9776 3256 7038 // 3DS FC: 4527-7258-1744 // GamerTag: Loftice
Parasect is the BEST
#7FuneralCakePosted 5/24/2013 11:46:57 AM
roxbury1990 posted...
Legendaries become less legendary when there's a new 10 every gen.

How? Just because there are a lot of them?

What if - and I know this is TOTALLY INSANE, but bear with me - we judge a legendary by its characteristics instead of how many of them exist? :o
---
NO MORE HOME ROWED BECAUSE I'M A GOOD GIRL
so drag me down to the ocean floor, 'cause i don't wanna fight no more
#8HejiruPosted 5/24/2013 11:47:27 AM
pikachu6598 posted...
Xerneas and Yveltal seem to be more along the lines of Ho-oh and Lugia, rather than the previous three gen's legendaries

And, uh, how have you determined this?
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#9jayman7Posted 5/24/2013 11:48:50 AM
FuneralCake posted...
What if - and I know this is TOTALLY INSANE, but bear with me - we judge a legendary by its characteristics instead of how many of them exist? :o

I actually fully agree with you. Are the Greek gods any less godlike because there are too many of them? Because that's about the closest parallel between legendary Pokémon and something real life-ish: the legendary Pokémon are kinda like pantheons and local deities.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#10pikachu6598(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2013 11:49:12 AM
Enferolunos posted...
pikachu6598 posted...
Xerneas and Yveltal seem to be more along the lines of Ho-oh and Lugia, rather than the previous three gen's legendaries, so it would seem weird if they, say, had some sort of power that would help an evil team take over the world.

How so?

Lugia and Ho-oh were more like myths than legends. They also were less "extreme" for lack of a better word. For example, in Gen 3, the weather trio controlled... the weather; in Gen 4, the creation trio controlled the creation of EVERY SINGLE THING IN THE UNIVERSE; and in Gen 5, the Tao trio, well I have to admit, theres not much to complain about their "Powers", but still. Mean while, Ho-oh was simply based off of a pheonix, and didn't control the sun, or the stars, but rainbows (if anything). Lugia did have some power over waves and the sea or something, but it wasn't to the extent of Kyogre by a longshot. All i'm saying is that I wouldn't like Xerneas and Yveltal to be deities, but rather symbolic, mythical creatures.
---