This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hope these games are more like Gold and Silver

#51EnferolunosPosted 5/24/2013 1:12:51 PM
pikachu6598 posted...
Enferolunos posted...
pikachu6598 posted...
Enferolunos posted...
pikachu6598 posted...
The word 'know' did not appear anywhere in any of my posts. I just said that their appearance seems to be much different from that of Rayquaza, Dialga, or Zekrom, to name a few, and more akin to Gen 2 legendary designs

Could you point out some qualities that make you say that?

I, will , but for the record, I said more like, not exactly like. This seems almost like a half-way point between Gen II legendaries and some of the newer ones.

Take a moment to look at Ho-Oh's design. Now Lugia's. notice how clean their designs look. They don't seem overly thought-out or really too complicated. Look at Dialga. Many markings and patterns. The design looks arguably much more complicated. Better yet, take a look at Palkia's design, and tell me that doesn't seem overly-complicated in comparison to Ho-oh and Lugia.

Now look at Xerneas. No weird markings or odd patterns, save for those antlers. Not as simple as Ho-Oh, but definitely simpler than Dialga. Oh yeah, I feel that I should point out that this thing is a FREAKING DEER. For the past three gens,the main legendaries have ALL BEEN PART DRAGON. There are literally 0 dragon-like qualities on this Pokemon. Pretty much the same thing could be said about Yveltal albeit the design is slightly more complex.

Xerneas has spots on his back, weird antlers, sword-like legs, a chevron on its front, strange spikes on it's torso and head, and crosses in its eyes.
Dialga has 1 type of marking, just on many places on its body. It also has metal attachments. (Palkia's just ugly IMO, so I can't fairly judge it).

Seems like Xerneas is more complex than Dialga

Also, Kyogre and Groudon aren't part dragon

Ok, that's your opinion. The main point of my idea is not that they are more or less complicated though, it's that there is a clear difference between the designs of Xerneas and Yveltal, and the designs of the last 3 gen's legendaries, as well as a greater similarity between the designs of Xerneas and Yveltal and Gen 1/2 legendaries.

If you say so
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#52snuffles504Posted 5/24/2013 1:16:39 PM
FuneralCake posted...
snuffles504 posted...
And for whoever said that with no legendaries there would be no plot, bull****. Evil teams can still be evil regardless of whether or not a god of the Pokeverse is involved.

Yeah, then we can go back to the genius of teams like Team Rocket, who we all know was obviously the best team. They weren't boring or uninteresting at all.

At least they didn't have vague or idiotic goals with grunts who had no idea why they even joined the team. All of them knew exactly what they were doing and their premise was simple.

However, did I actually say anything about Team Rocket? Much less about them being the best antagonist group of the series?

Answer: No.

Black 2 and White 2 would have been the exact same game if Kyurem wasn't involved. Ghetsis didn't need a legendary Pokemon to take over anything. All he would have needed was powerful weapons technology and a Pokemon team that can stand up to a trainer less than half his age.

There are all sorts of possibilites for future antagonist groups in the Pokemon games, but GameFreak has been severely limiting those since Gen 3 by only making them care about legendary Pokemon.

Just for example, if XY really are about genetics, then why would a legendary Pokemon be necessary for that? Why can't evil team Kalos do genetic testing and engineering on any other Pokemon? That way they can be extremely powerful and threatening without ever having to think about using a legendary.

The possibilites are limitless when you stop revolving everything around legendary Pokemon.
---
....because shutup.
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!
#53TheJester2Posted 5/24/2013 1:17:12 PM
And as for there being anything wrong with having 13+ legendaries in a game, I'm kind of on the fence (though def leaning towards wanting fewer).

I personally don't need the payoff for exploring to be legendary #1-34-567. It got to the point in B/W where I didn't even know who 2 of the trios were, and I was confused at their appearance. I don't need to be rewarded with a legendary for every cave/forest/mountain I explore thoroughly.

Just come up with a handful and give them some interesting in game mythology so that when I find them it feels rewarding as opposed to blandly surprising.
---
"We were going to a funeral, but it looks like we got buried." -J.R. Smith
PSN: Whsguy
#54PaulMalucciMDPosted 5/24/2013 1:18:57 PM
I agree, there are way to many legendary Pokemon now.
---
-Sent from one of my four iPads-
#55zinformantPosted 5/24/2013 1:21:41 PM
TheJester2 posted...
Galactic was generic (lets destroy everything so our boss can be king of the new world!!)

It runs deeper than that. Cyrus had a vision and a lot of (stupid) people who wanted to help him see his vision through. They wanted to fix the world. And the reason Platinum is so interesting is because Cyrus effectively got what he sought when Giratina intervened. It just wasn't what he originally intended it to be like.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#56Ari917Posted 5/24/2013 2:11:16 PM
TheJester2 posted...
Galactic was generic (lets destroy everything so our boss can be king of the new world!!)

No, Cyrus wanted to rid the world of emotion because he felt it was a human weakness stemming from his own sorrows. World domination had nothing to do with it.
---
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board