This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Starter Pokemon in the wild idea

#1Grand_BluePosted 5/24/2013 3:40:42 PM
When I was in elementary school people would always lie and said that they found a wild starter in their Pokemon game and that it was super rare, and I was gullible enough to believe them.

How about you have a 1/8192 chance of finding a wild starter in certain places. That would be interesting, and with these games you can't RNG it so it would be fair for everyone.
---
The Boondocks on Adult Swim is my favorite anime.
#2DoctorJimmy133Posted 5/24/2013 3:43:17 PM
I wouldn't care. If they're as rare as shinies, most playthroughs won't run into any of them, and you can't go for them, so it would be mostly pointless.
---
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.
#3RikashiPosted 5/24/2013 3:49:26 PM
Some starters from older generations sounds okay. It just defeats the purpose of picking one of the most recent starters if you can find the other two as well.
#4SgtCashmerePosted 5/24/2013 3:52:48 PM
I think all three Starters should be given to you throughout the game like in Yellow. You can start with an Electric mascot type or something and pick up the others as your adventure progresses.
#5EnferolunosPosted 5/24/2013 3:53:25 PM
SgtCashmere posted...
I think all three Starters should be given to you throughout the game like in Yellow. You can start with an Electric mascot type or something and pick up the others as your adventure progresses.

Hooray for GTS
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#6Chaos GenesisPosted 5/24/2013 3:55:08 PM
I think this would be a great way to implement free or super cheap (like a dollar) DLC. Access to a dungeon/forest/facility that you can fight through and get the starters at various places from NPCs or via special battles (like the legendaries).
---
PKMN Black 2: 4900 3748 6340 | 3DS: 1204 0469 8787
http://gpxplus.net/user/Spades+Slick/
#7dingo_of_jawaiiPosted 5/24/2013 4:00:15 PM
Yeah, if they were implemented into the game as wild encounters I would definitely not strive to make them as rare as shinies.
---
PSN ID: HakubiXFire
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed III, ACIII: Liberation, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
#8mnkboy907Posted 5/24/2013 4:01:50 PM
I wouldn't mind them having a 1 or 2% chance of appearing in shaky grass in out of the way locations. Kinda like the elemental monkeys, only rarer.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ua00T9H.gif
http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png - Number of people that D'awwed: 75
#9VampLordAdamaruPosted 5/24/2013 4:02:09 PM
I want them to be in the wild, but not ridiculously rare like Shinies, just relatively rare, and only in specific areas.
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!
#10Balamb00Posted 5/24/2013 4:05:27 PM
Grand_Blue posted...

How about you have a 1/8192 chance of finding a wild starter in certain places. That would be interesting, and with these games you can't RNG it so it would be fair for everyone.

I had this idea too... But not that ridiculously high. How about 1/800 in certain areas only?

I would just like a Pokemon game in which you can catch the vast majority of the Pokemon in.