This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are the chances of Game Freak doing DLC?

#1bakkahentai8600Posted 5/24/2013 6:18:33 PM
You know, for those odd Pokémon that you need to go a (usually) Japan only event?

I mean, I could see them still doing the events with like a guaranteed chance of shiny or a two-for-one deal or exclusive attacks or something like that.
---
Previously the_sage2600
I'm baaaacccckkkkk
#2EnferolunosPosted 5/24/2013 6:19:36 PM
100%
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#3jayman7Posted 5/24/2013 6:20:47 PM
All event Pokémon are DLC. Every last one.

As for paid DLC, I've heard Masuda is against that - and I wouldn't buy it if it WAS included.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#4reaverzPosted 5/24/2013 6:21:51 PM
Technically, they've been doing DLC since Gen I with Mew and made event-only Pokemon a tradition across the generations. There's no reason to believe they'll stop.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#5RandomSongPosted 5/24/2013 6:36:08 PM
0% chance. Now it will happen.
---
http://i.imgur.com/jtXVLzU.jpg
#6NewMoonShadowPosted 5/24/2013 6:58:31 PM
reaverz posted...
Technically, they've been doing DLC since Gen I with Mew and made event-only Pokemon a tradition across the generations. There's no reason to believe they'll stop.

Mew was the very first example ever of "on-disc DLC", if you want to be a pessimistic dick about it. Just because they never charged for it doesn't mean it's not true.

As for paid DLC, I've heard Masuda is against that - and I wouldn't buy it if it WAS included.

Nintendo is currently pushing the DLC capabilities of their games pretty hard. It's been heavily used in multiple titles, including "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gate To Infinity."

I'd almost be surprised if there WASN'T any.
#7EnferolunosPosted 5/24/2013 7:01:09 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
reaverz posted...

Mew was the very first example ever of "on-disc DLC", if you want to be a pessimistic dick about it. Just because they never charged for it doesn't mean it's not true.

Nintendo is currently pushing the DLC capabilities of their games pretty hard. It's been heavily used in multiple titles, including "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gate To Infinity."

Not on all titles
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#8CharocksPosted 5/24/2013 7:07:38 PM
Hopefully! I love collecting TMs (especially because their everlasting now) so I would love more!

Maybe a Gym TM Pack with all of the retired Gym TMs?
---
Former Xbox Fan - A Flying Ewok
Official Arrow in the Knee of the Skyrim board (360)
#9RX0megaPosted 5/24/2013 7:13:03 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
reaverz posted...

So far paid DLC has been exclusively used in second party games or used exclusively for completely optional content. Nintendo seems to be against using it in their bigger titles, so there's no reason to think it'll be in Pokemon.

And if it is odds are it'll be limited to Event Pokemon, with said Pokemon being given out as freebies at events with the rest of players having to pay a couple of dollars to travel to an island to catch it.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board
In less than a month I bet I can consider the gaming industry dead
#10NewMoonShadowPosted 5/24/2013 7:26:56 PM(edited)
RX0mega posted...
So far paid DLC has been exclusively used in second party games

Like Pokemon...?

or used exclusively for completely optional content. Nintendo seems to be against using it in their bigger titles, so there's no reason to think it'll be in Pokemon.

1: It already is in a Pokemon game. Two, in fact.

2: "New super Mario Bros. 2" and "New Super Mario Bros. Wii U" both have DLC. You don't get bigger than Mario games.

3: Define "completely optional content"? Technically a good 75% of the content in any given Pokemon game is optional, considering you don't need to catch all the Pokemon...

And if it is odds are it'll be limited to Event Pokemon, with said Pokemon being given out as freebies at events with the rest of players having to pay a couple of dollars to travel to an island to catch it.

This is the kind of thing I'd expect too, though.