This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you support this move? These moves?

#1RethalwolfPosted 5/24/2013 11:30:34 PM
It's pretty easy to read everything. - Results (17 votes)
Yes
23.53% (4 votes)
No
17.65% (3 votes)
Bah humbug
35.29% (6 votes)
Vote Numero Fouro
0% (0 votes)
I like some, but not all
23.53% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I was just thinking, what if there were a move called Clothesline or something?
It's basically Pursuit, but opposite. And opposite... is opposite!
Essentially what I was thinking is it rewards you for thinking your opponent is switching mons, not by devastating the leaving mon, but the incomer.
I know it could be kinda overpowered with all the incomer hazards, which is why I was also thinking there could be outgoing hazards. Maybe they wouldn't work with Baton Pass or something, though.
It would probably be Dark type, since that's pretty underhanded, but I think it'd be cool.
Plus, the new hazards could be new types! Like, barbed wire could be an outgoing trap that does steel damage. Or make it a thorny vine and it does grass or poison.
And there could be the completely overpowered in-n-out that damages both, but only half so much as normal hazards.
Whaddaya think?
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#2Brandon00151Posted 5/24/2013 11:35:30 PM
Every move thats not pursuit already hits the incoming pokemon in case of a switch out
#3Rethalwolf(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2013 11:40:05 PM
Brandon00151 posted...
Every move thats not pursuit already hits the incoming pokemon in case of a switch out

I'm talking about a gimmick that hits it especially hard for switching in. I mean, I'll give you that pursuit is useful when they're switching out... but I'm talking, Focus-punch style, Flinch-if-they-don't-switch-out, decimate-if-they-do. Which I suppose Focus Punch sort of covers, except it covers... too much. I'm talking a very specific prediction-based attack. Maybe even that makes you recharge a turn if you fail, because of how strong it is.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#4Brandon00151Posted 5/24/2013 11:48:00 PM
Rethalwolf posted...
Brandon00151 posted...

I'm talking about a gimmick that hits it especially hard for switching in. I mean, I'll give you that pursuit is useful when they're switching out... but I'm talking, Focus-punch style, Flinch-if-they-don't-switch-out, decimate-if-they-do. Which I suppose Focus Punch sort of covers, except it covers... too much. I'm talking a very specific prediction-based attack. Maybe even that makes you recharge a turn if you fail, because of how strong it is.

even then Pursuit is only an 80 power attack
#5Rethalwolf(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2013 10:08:53 AM
Brandon00151 posted...
Rethalwolf posted...
Brandon00151 posted...

even then Pursuit is only an 80 power attack

True, but its gimmick is more based around the hitting of the opponent, not the decimating of it.
I'm talking about the latter option.
---