This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

pokemon attacking the trainer instead of other poekmon?? new feature?

#1KittyHeartPosted 5/25/2013 11:43:57 AM
based on the tv show, sometimes your pokemon can attack the trainer of the opposing pokemon instead of attacking the opposing pokemon itself

like lets say:

you (ash ) vs trainer kid

youre ash and you summon pikachu

" pikachu thundershock!"

*pikachu thundershocks trainer kid*

*trainer kid is diabled*

*trainer kid's pokemon is confuseed and runs away*

*ash wins the match!*

--> it would make sense to add this type of strategy in the game (as it is in tv) so theres another level of strats. why attack the pokemon when you can attack the trainer of that pokemon! the trainer is telling the pokemon what to do! why not attack the "brain" insted?

in tv shows, it happens. it would be very nice to incorportate this into the game itself

--> or perhaps, if the opposing trainer's pokemon all falls, that trainer now steps into battle himself to face a pokemon

certainly, i hope this feature makes it in pokemon x to give it a whole new layer of strategy
---
~katherine "kittyheart". from 1 karma to 1111 karma to whatevs
my theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40cxXdKxE5M
#2TheJester2Posted 5/25/2013 11:48:47 AM
no thx
---
"We were going to a funeral, but it looks like we got buried." -J.R. Smith
PSN: Whsguy
#3AmphetaPosted 5/25/2013 11:48:51 AM
This is no strategy, it wouldn't make a difference, you still need to faint the pokemon.
#4KittyHeart(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2013 11:50:00 AM
Ampheta posted...
This is no strategy, it wouldn't make a difference, you still need to faint the pokemon.

my point is, why should i faint the pokemon when i can faint the trainer instead?
---
#5AmphetaPosted 5/25/2013 11:52:57 AM
KittyHeart posted...
Ampheta posted...

my point is, why should i faint the pokemon when i can faint the trainer instead?

For what? You don't win until his pokemon faints period.
#6Hydra_Gundam_Posted 5/25/2013 11:53:20 AM
Yes... Ohko the trainer. Its so simple.

Sure makes the Elite 4 and Red a whole lot easier.
---
Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space
#7SakurafanboyPosted 5/25/2013 11:54:32 AM
This idea is bad and TC should feel bad.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#8KittyHeart(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2013 11:56:31 AM
Ampheta posted...
KittyHeart posted...
Ampheta posted...

if you take out the trainer, his pokemon have no direction and guidance. their useless and just stands there; then his pokemon doesnt know what to do... so like they'll all just stand their and your pikachu can thunderbolt all his pokemon until they explode
---
#9Deadbeat_AudioPosted 5/25/2013 11:57:58 AM
KittyHeart posted...
Ampheta posted...
KittyHeart posted...
Ampheta posted...

if you take out the trainer, his pokemon have no direction and guidance. their useless and just stands there; then his pokemon doesnt know what to do... so like they'll all just stand their and your pikachu can thunderbolt all his pokemon until they explode

Ever see a wild pokemon battle?
Pokemon can fight on their own.
#10Hydra_Gundam_Posted 5/25/2013 12:00:50 PM(edited)
You would really only need to take out his first Pokemon. If the trainer is laid out, he cant send out the rest.

....and you can catch his first Pokemon since he isnt awake to stop you. Bwahaha
---
Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space