This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I go into this game blindly?

#1ChocolateluverxPosted 5/26/2013 8:32:16 AM
Would it be a good idea for me to try Pokemon X totally blind? That is, to intentionally remain ignorant and clueless about all the Pokemon and new mechanics, as well as the layout, cities/towns, and character conflicts introduced?

I've heard from some people that playing a new Pokemon game, especially a new Gen Pokemon game, leads to a lot of fun and excitement all the way through since you have no idea what will happen next. But I've also heard from some people that it really isn't worth it and can lead to some problems with your Pokemon such as getting an unbalanced team or maybe becoming under-leveled since you will probably change out at least one Pokemon one time or another--you might like a new Pokemon you just found or have grown tired of raising a less-helpful one you thought would be a nice addition to your team.

If I would go blindly into Pokemon X/Y (only getting one) this would be the second time; my first time was Pokemon Sapphire (my first Pokemon game) and I had a lot of fun with it.

So do you think it would be a fine choice to remain totally clueless up until you dive into it on day 1? Or maybe not?

Are you planning on going in blind or have ever went in to any Pokemon game blind before? Any ideas/advice are greatly appreciated
---
Am I the only one who plans to eat triple layered strawberry-chocolate cheesecake covered with fried butter before dieing??
#2RTC3Posted 5/26/2013 8:33:34 AM
hold on i'll play through it again and tell you my thoughts
---
<3 *Yao Ming* <3http://i.imgur.com/ulNUN.png<3 *Yao Ming* <3
lakers. till i die. #kbovermj
#3BottledPoePosted 5/26/2013 8:34:04 AM
I think it's a good idea, it mirrors your first Pokemon game in feeling.

I'm going to do a version of a nuzlocke on my first game and then the other game go through very meticulously.
---
3DS FC: 3050-7585-1835
#4TIGERJACKS0N-Posted 5/26/2013 8:34:23 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5I_Wanna_CookiePosted 5/26/2013 8:34:42 AM
Do it if you like.

Im going to stop looking at new info until I see the starters last evos. Other than that and whats already revealed I'm going in blind, I hope.
---
I'm handsome.
#6NewbieN00bPosted 5/26/2013 8:34:46 AM
TIGERJACKS0N- posted...
RTC3 posted...

What are you talking about? You don't have the game it's not released yet.

It's called sarcasm.
---
Give me all teh FE D':
#7RTC3Posted 5/26/2013 8:35:32 AM
RTC3 posted...

no words
---
<3 *Yao Ming* <3http://i.imgur.com/ulNUN.png<3 *Yao Ming* <3
lakers. till i die. #kbovermj
#8Chocolateluverx(Topic Creator)Posted 5/26/2013 8:35:46 AM
BottledPoe posted...

I'm going to do a version of a nuzlocke on my first game and then the other game go through very meticulously.

What is a Nuzlocke? And why is it named after one of my favorite 3rd Gen Pokemon with the letter "e" added to the end? I ask because the Seedot/Nuzlock/Shiftry line is one of my favorite, although I prefer Ludicolo a bit better than Shiftry =p
---
Am I the only one who plans to eat triple layered strawberry-chocolate cheesecake covered with fried butter before dieing??
#9NightinanglePosted 5/26/2013 8:36:17 AM
NewbieN00b posted...
TIGERJACKS0N- posted...
RTC3 posted...

It's called sarcasm.

But it is unnecessary because we don't need to play through the game to tell if he should do it blindly. We only need to base t off his story and other pokemon games.
#10NightinanglePosted 5/26/2013 8:38:22 AM
Chocolateluverx posted...
BottledPoe posted...

What is a Nuzlocke? And why is it named after one of my favorite 3rd Gen Pokemon with the letter "e" added to the end? I ask because the Seedot/Nuzlock/Shiftry line is one of my favorite, although I prefer Ludicolo a bit better than Shiftry =p

Dunno why to the name, but it is where if a pokemon faints you have to release it, and you nickname all pokemon. Some variants say no boxing pokemon to pc, and only 3 boys 3 girls.