This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

could polemon x and y be for more than the 3ds...

#11Grim_GuyPosted 5/26/2013 6:23:35 PM
Posted this on the Wii U board, too:

Australian Classification listing for Pokemon X; several other 3DS title are erroneously listed as "multiplatform."

http://www.classification.gov.au/Pages/View.aspx?sid=uk7LPwFghXn8kFbDUW8p9Q%253d%253d&ncdctx=GLy3EMkdtwaGzl3LCZBkIMyfNwd5V%2bZFYONOCz9ICAS3EusRaVBx5dgHCFjMngHV

The game is not coming to the Wii U, or any other system besides the 3DS.
---
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/kingsfield/kf01.htm
http://www.atarihq.com/tsr/ (|tsr's NES archive)
#12PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 5/26/2013 6:25:49 PM
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
PPPPLAASSUMA posted...
I never understood why people were against Pokemon on consoles.

Anyway, if Nintendo did want to sell Wii Us and make it the most popular console on earth.... they'd release Pokemon XY on it.

That's the only way I'd buy a Wii U anyway.

In my opinion, pokemon is something that should be played casually, and for shorter periods of time. It's not that Pokemon wouldn't work on a console, but more so that the franchise was designed to be played on a portable system, which Masuda has said himself

Yes, that is a great explanation. I'm sure that's nintendo and gfs philosophy for the most part.

Except I don't see that philosophy being applicable anymore (and does ANYONE actually play Pokemon for short periods of time?? Some do, but most people are typically playing it like it's made of crack).

So, the whole hook to pokemon used to be trade/battle, and it had to be on a portable system so people could actually do it, right? Well, we live in the age of information and the internet. Consoles with wifi make the whole need to be face to face obsolete. Heck, now you can even trade without even being there!

So, I would definitely argue that Pokemon has outgrown it's handheld origins, and is in need of the full console treatment with dedicated servers for battle and trade.

But that's just how I feel. People really are against it mostly because of change and money. But in this case, I'd gladly pay.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#13P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 5/26/2013 6:34:53 PM
PPPPLAASSUMA posted...
PPPPLAASSUMA posted...

Anyway, if Nintendo did want to sell Wii Us and make it the most popular console on earth.... they'd release Pokemon XY on it.

In my opinion, pokemon is something that should be played casually, and for shorter periods of time. It's not that Pokemon wouldn't work on a console, but more so that the franchise was designed to be played on a portable system, which Masuda has said himself

Yes, that is a great explanation. I'm sure that's nintendo and gfs philosophy for the most part.

Except I don't see that philosophy being applicable anymore (and does ANYONE actually play Pokemon for short periods of time?? Some do, but most people are typically playing it like it's made of crack).

So, the whole hook to pokemon used to be trade/battle, and it had to be on a portable system so people could actually do it, right? Well, we live in the age of information and the internet. Consoles with wifi make the whole need to be face to face obsolete. Heck, now you can even trade without even being there!

So, I would definitely argue that Pokemon has outgrown it's handheld origins, and is in need of the full console treatment with dedicated servers for battle and trade.

But that's just how I feel. People really are against it mostly because of change and money. But in this case, I'd gladly pay.

Ok, I definitely see what you're saying, and that's a great argument as well. And to that, I really don't have much to say other than that I think I personally would prefer it remain a handheld franchise, because eventually I'm sure we will get better connectivity, and maybe even one day battling servers (though with Nintendo, that seems like more of a pipe dream either way)

And while I still do only play the games for short periods (the longest I've ever brought myself to play was along the course of the day, but that's with constantly stopping), and I think that I prefer handheld games over console games if not only for accessibility, because it's much easier to bring a DS to your friend's house than a Wii U, but again, I can understand where you're coming from with Pokemon perhaps outgrowing its handheld roots
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#14AceJay1230Posted 5/27/2013 6:16:00 AM
Who knows..they might actually do it in the future.
BUT, as of right now..the main series will all be strictly handheld. That was what GF/Masuda/etc. all intended from the very beginning. His hobby of collecting bugs and having them on the go "per se" translated over to what has become a HUGE success.
So I don't see that changing anytime soon.
---
"Hey little girl, wanna get inside my French taxi? I've got Rare Candies."
White2 FC : 1292-8966-3948
#15Mudkip43Posted 5/27/2013 6:47:21 AM
No.
---
1249 6550 4063 Black 2 FC
#16koopabros64Posted 5/27/2013 7:07:03 AM
PPPPLAASSUMA posted...

I never understood that way of thinking. I've never played portable games in shorter iterations than console games.
---
The Platypus, the reason games like spore exist.
#17wahaha911Posted 5/27/2013 7:10:09 AM
Will there be a hookmon and strimon too?
---
Asianwide is on your side!!!
My... head... hurts... NO BUENO B****ES!!! NO F***ING BUENO!!!
#18NewMoonShadowPosted 5/27/2013 7:34:54 AM

It's an RPG, RPG's by their very nature are designed to be played for longer bursts of time over a much longer period of time, and Pokemon is no different. This flies totally contrary to the idea that handhelds should be played more "casually". Hell My White 2 playthrough took 70+ hours, and I didn't even actually do everything there is to do. There's nothing "casual" about that.