This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Post your Pokemon X/Y conspiracies here

#31pbandjamesPosted 5/27/2013 11:33:39 AM
RTC3 posted...
i like how no one has still been able to defend gamefreak splitting the game into versions and prove that they're totally not milking their fans

Have you ever played a port of an older game, or bought older games on the services like PSN or the Virtual Console?

According to your logic, that's milking fans too, since parents aren't responsible and can't say no to purchases.

Lol, you're silly. Not only for your logic, but for the fact that you're on a dedicated Pokémon board to waste your time complaining about a game you've never purchased, and you're leading this crusade against Pokémon rather than companies that are actually known to be way, way worse.

You also seem way too concerned with other people's purchases. Do you also watch people at the supermarket to make sure they aren't buying overpriced vegetables?
---
Game news is the best news.
#32P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 5/27/2013 11:41:30 AM
pbandjames posted...
RTC3 posted...
i like how no one has still been able to defend gamefreak splitting the game into versions and prove that they're totally not milking their fans

Have you ever played a port of an older game, or bought older games on the services like PSN or the Virtual Console?

According to your logic, that's milking fans too, since parents aren't responsible and can't say no to purchases.

Lol, you're silly. Not only for your logic, but for the fact that you're on a dedicated Pokémon board to waste your time complaining about a game you've never purchased, and you're leading this crusade against Pokémon rather than companies that are actually known to be way, way worse.

You also seem way too concerned with other people's purchases. Do you also watch people at the supermarket to make sure they aren't buying overpriced vegetables?

Don't worry, it's better to just ignore people like him
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#33XavuuPosted 5/27/2013 11:48:35 AM
RTC3 posted...
i have literally never spent a single penny on the pokemon franchise

Why are you here then???? You're spending money on your internet bandwidth by coming to the Pokemon board.
---
Choice Band STAB surprise Quick Attack; Staraptor.
#34marchefelixPosted 5/27/2013 11:57:09 AM
I bet RTC3 likes Call of Duty (that would be a huge irony)
---
And then Bruce Willis was there and he said...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPcRgLlom3g
#35SgtCashmerePosted 5/27/2013 12:13:51 PM
Blue's Raticate will be the final boss.
#36slumpcatPosted 5/27/2013 12:27:06 PM
My conspiracy is that Sylveon didn't originally have a type. I think Nintendo spent the past 3 or 4 months feeling out the fanbase.
---
http://i.imgur.com/JrEdLBY.jpg?1
#37ThatPersonGuyPosted 5/27/2013 12:34:31 PM
RTC3 posted...

We already have. The point is to communicate. If parents can't teach that to their children rather than buying into their every demand that's bad parenting, not milking. A franchise going on and having many sequals is not "milking". That term was created by idiots, trolls, and haters almost exclusively for the purpose of hating on Nintendo or Call of Duty.

Disney using Mickey Mouse is not "milking". It's using a recognizable brand name to earn a better profit. It's common sence and for all intents and purposes a good marketing tactic. Now, Disney DOES milk things though. One instance is how they treated Cars. One 2006 movie, and yet they stretched it out onto a 4 or so year advertising campaign. It's ridiculous. Even Pokemon only had the anime to carry it. The craze made itself, then came the toys. Cars demand was really never there. In time it came in force, but the treatment that movie got prior to releace should be illegal.

Pokemon is a craze that evolved into a brand name. I bet that at least half of the general american populace (Keyword: general) can regognize a Pikachu when they see one.

The two version gimmick was a crutial feature, not because it forced parents to buy two copies, but that it encouraged children on the playground to actually interact with each other using the game, to affect each other's gameplay. Because of this, they talked with each other, battled and traded. They felt like they WERE Pokemon trainers, and thus the craze began. Today, that same concept applies here.
---
"You don't have an inferiority complex, you're just inferior."
-Sarcastic Announcer in Wave Race
#38EnferolunosPosted 5/27/2013 12:36:22 PM
RTC3 posted...

I'm not denying that they're milking their fans, I'm just saying nobody is twisting the consumer's arm into buying the game. If you like the game enough to buy both versions for yourself, good for you. If you're a parent who can't even stand up to their child about a duplicate game, that's not gamefreak's fault. I'm against anti-consumer practices like always-on drm or things along those lines that the consumer has no control over, or in-game purchases such as microtransactions, but the consumer has complete control over which copies they buy.
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#39thebrawler56Posted 5/27/2013 12:46:36 PM
The two versions, as stated before, encourage interactment.
---
The official Jack Black's Octagon of Gamefaqs.
Oh man! I totally forgot to bring an octagon!
#40Meta289Posted 5/27/2013 12:54:15 PM
RTC3 posted...
i have literally never spent a single penny on the pokemon franchise

So why are you even here?
---
http://meta289.deviantart.com/#/d4j1eby
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.