This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Suggest five (non-horrible) Pokemon for my HeartGold run.

#11Missingno_MastrPosted 5/27/2013 5:59:41 PM
1: Dunsparce
2: Qwilfish
3: Weezing
4: Victreebel
5: Typhlosion
---
Official badass Admin of Team Miror Infinity. I ride a Shadow Scolipede. Top that.
http://imageshack.us/a/img202/4572/missingnogif.gif
#12AnclationPosted 5/27/2013 6:02:20 PM
Lanturn (Volt Absorb)
Gyarados (Excellent synergy between it and Lanturn, and between them they make great use of Surf and Waterfall)
Eeveelution of your choice
Arcanine
Crobat
---
We Endorse The Creation of Majora's Mask 3D:
http://www.facebook.com/OperationMoonfall
#13Ghetsis(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2013 6:11:11 PM
Forgot to mention, no Feraligatr or Typhlosion since I chose Chikorita.

Then again, Chikorita is awful, so I might just ditch it for a sixth Pokemon.

Gyarados and Lanturn do sound like a pretty good combo, so I'll probably use them.

Four more, then...
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#14Great_ReapettePosted 5/27/2013 6:12:29 PM
Ghetsis posted...

Gyarados and Lanturn do sound like a pretty good combo, so I'll probably use them.

Four more, then...

Dunsparce
Dragonite
Jolteon
Golduck
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#15scrappybristolPosted 5/27/2013 6:12:59 PM
Ghetsis posted...

Four more, then...

Houndoom and Heracross. They cover each other and Chikorita pretty well.
---
This sig is significant
#16protobakurionPosted 5/27/2013 6:16:07 PM
scrappybristol posted...
Gyarados
Heracross
Espeon
Sandslash
Houndoom

I agree with this.
---
The other true Pokemon fan.
Official Porygon Z of the Pokemon X/Y Boards.
#17SgtCashmerePosted 5/27/2013 6:16:10 PM
Typhlosion
Ampharos
Poliwrath
Espeon
Mamoswine

Typhlosion can handle Grass, Bug, Ice and Steel types. Ampharos can handle Water and Flying types. Poliwrath can handle Fire, Rock, Ground, Normal and Dark types. Espeon can handle Fighting and Poison types. Mamoswine can handle Dragon and Electric types. That leaves Psychic and Ghost types; Ampharos learns Signal Beam, which can handle Psychic types, while Mamoswine can handle the majority of Ghost-types in your Gym/Elite Four adventure due to the fact that Gastly, Haunter and Gengar are dual Ghost/Poison-types.

Just my suggestion. ^_^ For an (arguably) more effective team, you might consider swapping Typhlosion for Feraligatr and Poliwrath for Arcanine, although you would lose the benefit of Poliwrath's Fighting-type moves in favor of Superpower, which Feraligatr does not learn until VERY late.
#18koopabros64Posted 5/27/2013 6:19:03 PM
Quagsire
Espeon
Ampharos
Crobat
Victreebell

Not the best ever, but it's what I went with.
---
The Platypus, the reason games like spore exist.
#19willingmessPosted 5/27/2013 6:59:16 PM
SgtCashmere posted...
Typhlosion
Ampharos
Poliwrath
Espeon
Mamoswine

Typhlosion can handle Grass, Bug, Ice and Steel types. Ampharos can handle Water and Flying types. Poliwrath can handle Fire, Rock, Ground, Normal and Dark types. Espeon can handle Fighting and Poison types. Mamoswine can handle Dragon and Electric types. That leaves Psychic and Ghost types; Ampharos learns Signal Beam, which can handle Psychic types, while Mamoswine can handle the majority of Ghost-types in your Gym/Elite Four adventure due to the fact that Gastly, Haunter and Gengar are dual Ghost/Poison-types.

Just my suggestion. ^_^ For an (arguably) more effective team, you might consider swapping Typhlosion for Feraligatr and Poliwrath for Arcanine, although you would lose the benefit of Poliwrath's Fighting-type moves in favor of Superpower, which Feraligatr does not learn until VERY late.

The gengar line has levitate.... unless Mamoswine has mold-breaker or something similar.
---
"To be, or not to be, that is the question..."
Maybe a bit overdone, but ehh....
#20FlyingPotatoePosted 5/27/2013 7:38:23 PM(edited)
Electrode
Diglett
Nidoran
Mankey
Venusaur
---
Black 2 FC: 1249 7789 9146