This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why did jynx have to become purple

#21I_Wanna_CookiePosted 5/28/2013 1:43:12 PM
M4nnimal posted...
I_Wanna_Cookie posted...
M4nnimal posted...
Regardless of whether or not its design was based on blackface, it still resembled it.

The swastika didn't have anything to do with the Nazi party originally, but it was appropriated by racists and became a symbol of bigotry. We can't just ignore the history behind these icons because it's inconvenient.

I'm gonna start a hate group and use Pokemon as its symbol. Therefore, Pokemon should be banned.

Missing the point entirely, but okay.

Okay fine.

Then we shouldnt ignore the fact that the swastikas original meaning was along the lines of peace because its inconvenient, because that's also part of its history.
---
I'm handsome.
#22TherianReturnsPosted 5/28/2013 1:46:07 PM
I don't know why people care. Jynx looks better purple.
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about
#23pbandjamesPosted 5/28/2013 2:01:24 PM
dreamsicle posted...
pbandjames posted...
dreamsicle posted...
If you read a little bit on the history of Blackface. You would probably see why it's offensive to Black people.

It's not based on Blackface whatsoever though, so people need to think a bit before making stupid mistakes and claining false racism.

It's actually based on Japanese legends.

A lot of Black characters in anime are drawn in that style so I would love to see some proof of you what you're saying. Even if what you provide isn't back peddling from them it still looks like what it looks like. Similar to the Pokemon card with the Nazi symbol on it.

"It still looks what it looks like" isn't a good enough excuse for false censorship. If it "looks like" somebody murdered someone, that's not enough to convict them. Flimsy excuses don't justify idiocy.

Here's a video showing proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?=1&v=p8X3l_Tt8VE
---
Game news is the best news.
#24scrappybristolPosted 5/28/2013 2:06:16 PM
TherianReturns posted...
I don't know why people care. Jynx looks better purple.

I agree.

Black is boring, purple is popping.
---
This sig is significant
#25NightinanglePosted 5/28/2013 2:09:52 PM
Doesn't matter she was always ugly.
#26Gray_AreasPosted 5/28/2013 2:13:43 PM
I_Wanna_Cookie posted...
M4nnimal posted...
I_Wanna_Cookie posted...
M4nnimal posted...
Regardless of whether or not its design was based on blackface, it still resembled it.

The swastika didn't have anything to do with the Nazi party originally, but it was appropriated by racists and became a symbol of bigotry. We can't just ignore the history behind these icons because it's inconvenient.

I'm gonna start a hate group and use Pokemon as its symbol. Therefore, Pokemon should be banned.

Missing the point entirely, but okay.

Okay fine.

Then we shouldnt ignore the fact that the swastikas original meaning was along the lines of peace because its inconvenient, because that's also part of its history.

The swastika came from Sanskrit and means good fortune and well being. Hitler had a not-so-secret love of the occult and ancient Sanskrit mythology. He wasted a lot of resources digging up buried treasure in search of artifacts.
---
White FC: 4727 7422 4019
Platinum FC: 2063 5286 9480
#27iKhanicPosted 5/28/2013 2:22:31 PM
One thing that really pissed me off about the jynx hate was how people accused the anime episode of being racist. You know why Jynx were used as Santa's helpers? Because every other Ice type was either aquatic or legendary at the time. Jynx was the only humanoid ice type, so it was all they could use.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#28LontaBeansPosted 5/28/2013 2:49:40 PM
Honestly, everyone hates Jynx. :x
---
PSN: us120sammiches
Currently playing: Castlevania HoD (PS3) Terraria (PS3) I may be wise, though I'm still young.
#29LexifoxPosted 5/28/2013 2:55:15 PM
LontaBeans posted...
Honestly, everyone hates Jynx. :x

Jynx was a regular member of my Gen 1 teams. Fast, Blizzard was a fantastic attack, accurate sleep move.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod