This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fairy type has a lot of potential (and rate my fakemon)

#1iKhanicPosted 5/28/2013 3:37:50 PM
I'm really excited about it now that I think about it. Fairies and small fairy-like creatures are extremely prevalent in fiction and mythology, and the Fairy type opens up lots of possibilities. For example, maybe we could get a pokemon trio based on A Midsummer Night's Dream. Or maybe just a pokemon based on Puck. We could get a pokemon based on Angels. We could get a pokemon based on other Nintendo franchises such as a Luma pokemon or a Great Fairy pokemon.

And here's my fakemon:

Sintarn
The Malice Pokemon
Dark/Fairy or Dark/Fire
Signature Item: Trident: Transforms Sintarn into a fire-type. Boosts the power of Special Attacks by 25%
Ability: Gambler: The user of this ability takes double damage from SE hits, but all attacks used are 2x effective against pokemon of a type that are SE against the user.
Stats:
HP: 75
Atk: 135
Def: 75
Sp. Atk: 115
Sp. Def: 90
Spd: 110
BST: 600

Notes: Based on the Devil

Notable moves: Metal Claw, Nasty Plot, Swords Dance, Dark Pulse, Crunch, Fire Blast, Flare Blitz, Inferno, Thunderbolt, Sludge Bomb, Blizzard. Cannot learn Solar Beam or any other light based attacks.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2scrappybristolPosted 5/28/2013 3:40:51 PM
Satan is a fairy now?
---
This sig is significant
#3ColtCababaPosted 5/28/2013 3:41:34 PM
No, no, no, no, no, no, and no.
---
Official Crawdaunt of the Pokemon X/Y Boards and Enforcer of WF
''On this day, I see clearly, everything has come to life.'' (Metalingus)
#4Flame552Posted 5/28/2013 3:42:51 PM
scrappybristol posted...
Satan is a fairy now?

In some cultures, yes actually.
#5iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 5/28/2013 3:45:04 PM
scrappybristol posted...
Satan is a fairy now?

My point is that fairy better allows for very small fairy-shaped monsters.

I doubt they will take Fairy in such a literal sense. After all, Granbull is just a bulldog and he's already considered a Fairy pokemon by GF.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#6MetaDeDeDePosted 5/28/2013 3:45:49 PM
iKhanic posted...
I'm really excited about it now that I think about it. Fairies and small fairy-like creatures are extremely prevalent in fiction and mythology, and the Fairy type opens up lots of possibilities. For example, maybe we could get a pokemon trio based on A Midsummer Night's Dream. Or maybe just a pokemon based on Puck. We could get a pokemon based on Angels. We could get a pokemon based on other Nintendo franchises such as a Luma pokemon or a Great Fairy pokemon.

And here's my fakemon:

Sintarn
The Malice Pokemon
Dark/Fairy or Dark/Fire
Signature Item: Trident: Transforms Sintarn into a fire-type. Boosts the power of Special Attacks by 25%
Ability: Gambler: The user of this ability takes double damage from SE hits, but all attacks used are 2x effective against pokemon of a type that are SE against the user.
Stats:

Notable moves: Metal Claw, Nasty Plot, Swords Dance, Dark Pulse, Crunch, Fire Blast, Flare Blitz, Inferno, Thunderbolt, Sludge Bomb, Blizzard. Cannot learn Solar Beam or any other light based attacks.

This pokemon is actually good. It's risky but the payoff is very huge. This is a good pokemon. Would you like to go to my secret fairy type topic?
#7iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 5/28/2013 3:47:11 PM
MetaDeDeDe posted...
iKhanic posted...

And here's my fakemon:

Sintarn
The Malice Pokemon
Dark/Fairy or Dark/Fire
Stats:

This pokemon is actually good. It's risky but the payoff is very huge. This is a good pokemon. Would you like to go to my secret fairy type topic?

Sure!
---
#8Flame552Posted 5/28/2013 3:48:20 PM
iKhanic posted...
scrappybristol posted...
Satan is a fairy now?

My point is that fairy better allows for very small fairy-shaped monsters.

I doubt they will take Fairy in such a literal sense. After all, Granbull is just a bulldog and he's already considered a Fairy pokemon by GF.

No...not really. A Fairy is a mythological creature, as is dragon.

Therefore, I'd say we can use the dragon pokemon as a starting point of what we can expect from the fairy class. The Dragon Pokemon take their inspieration from dragon myths around the whole world; why would a fairy class be any different?

And fairy Granbull? wut? I heard a rumor about Mawile, but the dog no one ever caught or cared about?
#9MetaDeDeDePosted 5/28/2013 3:48:59 PM
iKhanic posted...
MetaDeDeDe posted...
iKhanic posted...

And here's my fakemon:

Sintarn
The Malice Pokemon
Dark/Fairy or Dark/Fire
Stats:

Sure!

I will pm you. ^_^ It sure is great to see that i am not the only one looking forward to this type.
#10Digital_Knyte07Posted 5/28/2013 4:04:33 PM
Wow no pictures? 0/10.
---
I hate college but love all the parties
Finishing kegs and crushing bottles of Bacardi