This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Post a pokemon and I'll tell you why Charizard is better

#131OsrangerPosted 5/30/2013 3:45:58 AM
Funny thing about Vaporeon, Blue gets that if he beats you up early on in the game, so it becomes easier to win later as long as you have pikachu around still.

You didn't answer for any rock type or any pokemon capable of learning stealth rock.

Also, you didn't defend against the fact that it can get killed by Dorothy from wizard of Oz, not many other pokemon can say that.

Design, just versus dragonite who you put down earlier.

Well first of all, Dragonite does not have Hydrophobia. I can kill any Charizard with a big bucket of water.

Design part 2: Charizard is not a real dragon, no more than Gyarados is, and considering that most of your arguments are built upon that Dragons are the best, that makes him inferior to most dragons, including wingless dragons such as Haxorus.

Also, if you say that It is dragon in design, clearly winged lizard design does not automatically make it a dragon, Haxorus is an excellent example of a non-winged dragon, so looking draconic does not equal being a dragon. there is more to it. So, that makes it the 2nd cousin 3 times removed of the dragon family. Sort of a Dragon in name only. Sort of like the difference between the kid pool and an actual pool.

Next, type disadvantage: x4 damage to one of the most commonly used moves makes it nearly unusable in higher tiers. From my understanding, actual dragons do happen to like the higher tiers.

Finally, who would win in a fight, a Dragonite or a Charizard. Unless it is Ash's Charizard, which we clarified it wasn't since you said that it was yours, I am putting money that the majority of the time, Dragonite would win.

Now, for Jolteon.

Jolteon out speeds Charizard.
Jolteon has high special attack.
Jolteon has super type advantage.

You're reasoning or why Charizard is better is because Jolteon looks like a cartoon cat.

Jolteon is based off of a fennec fox, like fennekin is, but Charizard clearly loses in these three areas and most of the eevee evolutions are well loved for their design, including Jolteon, Vaporeon, and flareon. Your word cannot outweigh the majority, and a single reason such as Better design, you think dragons are cool(which we just determined Charizard really doesn't have going for him) or type advantage, does not outweigh all of the weighs a pokemon is superior to Charizard.

Dragonite, Tyranitar, and Jolteon can all physically beat on Charizard.

Tyranitar having a weakness to something Charizard happens to resist is not a sufficient reason, since Charizard suffers from the same condition except to a type that Tyranitar has STAB for, so they cancel out, Tyranitar might even gain a slight edge. Fighting is very common, but so is stealth rock.

Dragonite may be less manly looking than Charizard I guess, but it is A, a REAL dragon, and B, can smoke him. Yeah, Charizard has dragon law now, Dragonite has thunder, so those cancel out, leaving Dragonite with an edge for being a real dragon.

Jolteon: Jolteon, runs circles around Charizard while zapping his lifeless body. Running from the scaredy cat, wow. (Which is possible with roar) how ferocious does that make dear Charizard?

Lastly, you said it yourself, with all of those things
Above, you must forgive me if there are errors, I'm rather tired right now, but the only way that Charizard comes close is if he is a dragon, which he isn't.
---
When life gives you lemons,
give life blood and iron.
#132_T_R_0_L_L_Posted 5/30/2013 4:14:51 AM
Meloetta-P
---
Thunder, Cavs, MCFC, Redskins
Unofficial Meloetta of the Pokemon X board
#133MightyRevenantPosted 5/30/2013 4:25:55 AM
I'd also like to point out he didn't answer for Charizard, its variants, or evolutionary relatives.

He said you could mention ANY Pokémon.
---
Official Eviolite of the pretentious Pokemon fanbase on GameFAQs.
#134bradvdPosted 5/30/2013 4:27:30 AM
Dragonite
---
My 3DS friend code: 0361-6853-7933
#135kristofer777Posted 5/30/2013 5:59:43 AM
Aerodactyl
#136iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 5/30/2013 6:25:59 AM
This topic was for fun, and I was by no means conducting a serious evaluation. I like Charizard, that doesn’t mean I think he is amazing competitively.

Osranger posted...
Design part 2: Charizard is not a real dragon, no more than Gyarados is, and considering that most of your arguments are built upon that Dragons are the best, that makes him inferior to most dragons, including wingless dragons such as Haxorus.

Also, if you say that It is dragon in design, clearly winged lizard design does not automatically make it a dragon, Haxorus is an excellent example of a non-winged dragon, so looking draconic does not equal being a dragon. there is more to it. So, that makes it the 2nd cousin 3 times removed of the dragon family. Sort of a Dragon in name only. Sort of like the difference between the kid pool and an actual pool.

I literally explained this in my first response. For the purpose of this topic, I am using my definition of dragon, which is anything that is based on a dragon. There is no point sitting around arguing about what the definition of dragon is, and even if I did take on a different definition, I am not sitting around repeatedly saying “pokemon based on dragons are XXXX”
Next, type disadvantage: x4 damage to one of the most commonly used moves makes it nearly unusable in higher tiers. From my understanding, actual dragons do happen to like the higher tiers.

Charizard also has immunity to Earthquake and spikes, resistance to an even more commonly used type (fighting), and resistance to bullet punch and mach punch.
I’m sorry, but anyone who says that Fire/Flying is a bad type outside of SR has no idea what they are talking about
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#137-Chak-Posted 5/30/2013 6:27:47 AM
Keldeo.
---
I don't post on Gamefaqs, Gamefaqs posts for me
Official Keldeo of all boards
#138MightyRevenantPosted 5/30/2013 6:28:34 AM
Noooononononono. No, I asked you about how Charizard matches up against Clone Charizard and Ash's Charizard, sir. I demand an answer.

Also, Fire/Flying is a bit of a mixed bag.
---
Official Eviolite of the pretentious Pokemon fanbase on GameFAQs.
#139iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 5/30/2013 7:05:06 AM
MightyRevenant posted...
Noooononononono. No, I asked you about how Charizard matches up against Clone Charizard and Ash's Charizard, sir. I demand an answer.

Also, Fire/Flying is a bit of a mixed bag.

Alright you got me. Ash's Charizard is the one that got me liking Charizard in the first place. And clone zard proved himself in the movie.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#140DarkDragon386Posted 5/30/2013 8:49:27 AM
Articuno- Can’t take a Fire Blast or Rock Slide to the face. Defensive stats really suck for an Ice/Flying type

Um ...
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)