This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Arceus is the Pokemon God......

#51InhaledCornPosted 6/1/2013 8:36:31 AM
Arceus is listed as the Alpha Pokemon. What I want to know is who is the Omega Pokemon?

My personal theory is that it's the Original dragon Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem came from. It's highly probable due to B/W-Kyurem's BST only being 20 away from Arceus himself.

While I disagree that Giratina is the Pokemon Satan, it might have drawn some inspiration from our concept of Satan. The idea of the world of darkness makes much more sense, though.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I support the Fairy-type.
#52Reborn_SigmaPosted 6/1/2013 8:43:21 AM
I honestly can't understand how people can deny the whole Arceus/YHWH and Giratina/Satan thing.

"MUH COINCIDENCES.":
-Arceus' name is entirely derived from western words.
-Its signature move is called Judgment
-Sinnoh has an actual church, as in the western kind. Its Japanese name is literally "Foreign Culture Building."
-Giratina's serpentine appearance, Dragon type, and sixes everywhere match Satan so well it's not even funny.
-Giratina's classification: Renegade Pokemon
-Giratina's Platinum Pokedex entry: "It was banished for its violence."

Arceus = YHWH. Giratina = Satan. Get over it.
#53Ari917Posted 6/1/2013 8:56:55 AM(edited)
Reborn_Sigma posted...

-Arceus' name is entirely derived from western words.

So are other legendary pokemon, including those that are Japanese based, doesn't prove anything.

Reborn_Sigma posted...

-Its signature move is called Judgment

A god using judgment? Wow, it's not like there's a bunch of other gods that do that in other mythologies.

Reborn_Sigma posted...

-Sinnoh has an actual church, as in the western kind. Its Japanese name is literally "Foreign Culture Building."

If it's foreign, then how does it apply to native Sinnoh legends?

Reborn_Sigma posted...

-Giratina's serpentine appearance, Dragon type, and sixes everywhere match Satan so well it's not even funny.

There are many gods and creatures that are snake-like and/or associated with snakes. Also, using certain traits or coincidences does not make one representative of the devil. Rayquaza's a Chinese dragon but it probably draws from Hebrew Legends.

Reborn_Sigma posted...

-Giratina's classification: Renegade Pokemon
-Giratina's Platinum Pokedex entry: "It was banished for its violence."

Giratina is probably more representative of the concept that matter and antimatter can't meet together. Also, just because he may be a "dark god" doesn't make him the devil, there are other things that he could've drawn from, like Yomi.
---
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board
#54zinformantPosted 6/1/2013 9:05:07 AM
It's inconclusive at best and is more likely coincidences given the fact that you're dealing with powerful, deistic Pokemon who are bound to share some of those characteristics.
Reborn_Sigma posted...
Get over it.

That is not how you make an argument.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#55Master XPosted 6/1/2013 10:57:18 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if Arceus is retconned to be "a god Pokemon" rather than "THE" God Pokemon in a later game. And the person writing the Pokedex entry just misunderstood it. Just to give room for a more powerful Pokemon.
---
GAMERTAG: Casperstar X "For those of you wondering whether the above made sense, you've just answered your own question."
#56kumorixLovelessPosted 6/1/2013 11:06:08 AM
MetaFalconPunch posted...
willingmess posted...
KingTumbleweed posted...
Giratina.

---
PSN: Tofuman2021
3DS Friend code: 5000-2002-8067
#57VerdikaPosted 6/2/2013 12:00:07 AM
Nitharad posted...
I assume that you compare Pokemon to the abrahamic religions, because only then would the question of a "Satan" appear.

Ignoring how it makes no sense and ignoring how the Pokemon "god pantheon" wouldn't need any evil gods... let's roll with it.

So... who do we have as candidates?

People say it's Giratina, but I disagree, Giratina is the guardian of balance basically, by watching over his "anti-world" he keeps the scale in balance with the "real world". He may look pretty evil but there's no indication to think that.
I mean... that's like saying Satan is evil for keeping hell running, because without hell the whole universe would cease to exist. That doesn't make sense.

Darkai... I disagree as well, all he does is giving people terrible Nightmares. But so what?

No, the real "Satans" of the pokemon universe haven't been named yet.

They're Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf in their perverted "unholy trinity" !

Yes, the lake guardians, the pokemon who gave knowledge, emotions and willpower to humans. They're the Satans of the pokemon universe.

You have to keep in mind that "Satan" is a very abrahamic concept, sure other mythologies have their evil gods, but only christianity, islam and hebrews really have this concept of a "Satan".

The judeo-christian god only wants obidient slave-servants, he forbids certain knowledge, emotions or actions in a very strict matter and have severe punishment waiting for anyway who steps outside his laws.
In fact all the things that makes a human... human is demonized by this god and is attributed to Satan.
Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf gave humans knowledge, emotions and willpower just like Satan did. Satan gave humans knowledge (for example their basis of morality, what is good what is wrong) (or according to some people "evolution" that allowed us to create better medicine), he gave us emotions like pride, lust, anger, envy, giving us the tools to judge experiences, have more complex relationships, motivate us to self-improve. And finally Satan gave us the willpower to turn our backs on god, and look at what we've accomplished.
Just look at what humans have accomplished in Pokemon! Even though pokemon are so much stronger, mightier, at times even smarter, than any human being, they/we are the dominant species, they control the world, they have the power to trap and enslave "gods creation", they have even taken a few steps into "gods" territory by creating their own pokemon!

So there you have it.
*throws popcorn into microwave hoping for a flamewar about religion*

While I try to give certain religions the benefit of the doubt because of certain things in my life...that...that was utterly magnificent. Beautiful.
---
There's nothing that sucks worse that that moment in an argument when you realize that you are wrong.