This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You know what'd be pretty cool?

#1scarface_jrPosted 6/2/2013 12:27:09 AM
If trainers had a mix of pokemon from every region from the start. Not all trainers but maybe a few and a gym leader or something has one. Also if the champion/rival or some super trainer like red has a Pokemon from the next gen? They can only give it four moves, ban it from being online and if you hack it the entry just says ??? or something like that.
---
http://i.imgur.com/eCXXGgn.gif Still like Ice Cream?
GT:The Suprise Van Playing:DayZ,Yugioh DD,BO2 and BF3.
#2FuneralCakePosted 6/2/2013 12:32:54 AM
You mean like, if they had Pokemon that weren't in the Kalos Dex? Because we're pretty sure that the Kalos Dex is going to have Pokemon from other regions, not just Kalos.

That would be kind of cool, I guess. It's not something I really want to happen, though.

As for a Pokemon from the next generation... why? Why not just introduce that Pokemon in this generation instead? I don't see why it would be a good idea to have a Pokemon in the game that you can't get until the next set of games.
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
0 line break(s), 73 characters allowed
#3jayman7Posted 6/2/2013 12:40:31 AM
You have to realize that these games should be made with the idea of new players in mind. If a new player sees a trainer using a Lucario or something, and Lucario isn't in the Kalos Dex, cue their utter confusion when they're unable to find Lucario's entry in the Pokedex.

In the postgame, the National Dex enters the picture, so that's no longer an issue.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#4SocranPosted 6/2/2013 12:41:31 AM
It may seem kind of cool to a veteran, but it'd make for poor game design. One of the things about battling other trainers is that they make you think, "Oh man, that's a cool Pokemon, I want one!" It wouldn't be a good idea to do that with a Pokemon you can't get without transferring from a previous game, or through some post-game National Dex method.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#5nightblade_hawkPosted 6/2/2013 12:51:09 AM
Zigzagoon, Clinton, Azurill, Marill and Azumarill are in the Game, so yeah there will be Pokemon from other Regions in this, which I'm glad about.
#6FuneralCakePosted 6/2/2013 12:52:12 AM
nightblade_hawk posted...
Zigzagoon, Clinton, Azurill, Marill and Azumarill are in the Game

wut
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
0 line break(s), 73 characters allowed
#7nightblade_hawkPosted 6/2/2013 12:55:31 AM
FuneralCake posted...

wut

I'm typing this on a Mobile Phone right now, which has autocorrect so Linnone somehow turned into Clinton.
#8NekoHime64Posted 6/2/2013 12:57:39 AM
FuneralCake posted...

wut

I'm typing this on a Mobile Phone right now, which has autocorrect so Linnone somehow turned into Clinton.

lol
---
FF IX was better than FFVII. THERE, I SAID IT!!!
Unofficial Sneasel of anything ever.