This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon Mythbusters: Day 2- The Genesect Kabutops theory

#21Blues255Posted 6/3/2013 9:34:00 AM(edited)
I vote busted - I don't think there are enough similarities between the two to make a clear connection. You could argue that they share common traits (Disc shaped head, bipedal) and you could argue that the type classification could have stemmed from Team Plasma not knowing the original specimen,

but seriously, if I found a fossil of a bipedal Pokemon with freaking SCYTHES for hands and had to remodel it, I'm keeping the freaking scythes.

And what about the Butterfree/Venomoth myth where the evolutionary lines were switched (Caterpie looks more like Venomoth and Venonat looks more like Butterfree)?
---
Chocobos. Chocobos everywhere.
#22Chaos GenesisPosted 6/3/2013 9:39:40 AM
If you do enough genetic tinkering to a Kabutops that you not only alter its movepool but its typing and physical characteristics, could it still be said to be a Kabutops? I say no.
---
PKMN Black 2: 4900 3748 6340 | 3DS: 1204 0469 8787
http://gpxplus.net/user/Spades+Slick/
#23DoctorJimmy133Posted 6/3/2013 10:05:40 AM
There is almost no doubt in my mind that this theory is wrong. Why would it stop being an aquatic creature and start being a bug?

Nominate the Great Pokémon War.
---
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.
#24EchoPhoenixPosted 6/3/2013 11:58:48 AM
D_Bart posted...
But why would that cause it to grow an abdomen?

if you read my first post in the topic, you'll see that I don't think that Kabutops and Genesect are the same. But someone else made a post with reasons involving gameplay differences like learning different moves and having different level-up rates, which I don't feel are valid reasons to disprove it if such similar gameplay difference already exist between Mew and Mewtwo.
#25bobstevens23123Posted 6/3/2013 12:18:58 PM
genesect is genderless bc his dick is underneath the armor but no one can remove the armor so we dont know what he is
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960188-call-of-duty-black-ops/59821100