This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Honestly, how bad was your first team?

#1pikachu6598Posted 6/3/2013 1:19:23 PM
Mine in Emerald was a level 60 Blaziken, level 30 Swellow, level 20 Azumarill, and 3 other Pokemon.

Also, how long did it take you to make a well balanced team in terms of levels and a bit of strategy (With team levels within around a range of 5)? My first one would honestly have to be Black 2, last year.

Which is pathetic considering I'm 15 and I've played for nearly 8 years.
---
If your future self hasn't come back in time to tell you not to do it...
Then it's not a bad decision...
#2I_Wanna_CookiePosted 6/3/2013 1:21:08 PM
Feraligatr level 100 with like, a Sandshrew at level 4 or something. Maybe a level 14 Magmar or something thrown in there for the hell of it.
---
I'm handsome.
#3Hierarchy225Posted 6/3/2013 1:26:03 PM(edited)
I don't quite remember, but I'm sure it was pretty bad.

I think my first team was Blastoise, Pidgeot, Raichu, Zapdos.. And I forget the rest.

I remember boxing my Snorlax after I caught it. I regret that..

Edit: I think I had a fire type in the group.. Flareon?
#4BountyanPosted 6/3/2013 1:22:33 PM
Pikachu, Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Dugtrio, and Zapdos. Not that horrible but their movesets sucked
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#5Thepenguinking2Posted 6/3/2013 1:23:26 PM
i had typhlosion, Mew (Yes, I got the fall 2010 event mew) and that's all I can remember.
---
Official Electivire of The Pokemon General Discussion series!
The Official Shiny Zangoose of the X/y Board!
#6SgtCashmerePosted 6/3/2013 1:23:33 PM
I learned how to create a well-balanced team by playing Pokémon Yellow. The implied team in that game consists of Pikachu, Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise (I know many people don't use that roster, but I do). Using those four and then filling in the blanks strategically helped me to become a more effective Trainer.
#7pokemongamesPosted 6/3/2013 1:24:19 PM
The first team I remember is my RSE team. I was really young when I played through RBY and GSC so I don't remember them clearly.

Blaziken
Kyogre
Rayquaza
Ludicolo
Skarmory
Gyarados
---
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior, and I am 100% proud of it.
#8jamieyelloPosted 6/3/2013 1:25:46 PM
Blaziken, Delcatty, unevolved Shroomish, Whiscash, Pelipper, Latios.

I liked Shroomish
#9Elec Man EXEPosted 6/3/2013 1:25:49 PM
I don't remember my first team at all. Was too long ago for me to remember.

But I've always kept a balance of levels / pokemon types in my teams, even at the beginning. I always wanted 6 pokemon and not just one super-strong one (because the variety was one of the big things that drew me to pokemon in the first place), and never wanted to use all of one type.

The only "bad" thing I did at the beginning was the typical "all same type attacks" thing. Ya know, the Blastoise with all Water attacks, Electabuzz with all electric attacks, ect.
---
~ Master of Electricity ~
Electro: 0518-6613-7620 - Pokemon White
#10DefazePosted 6/3/2013 1:27:06 PM
First team ever was Venusaur, Wigglytuff, Hypno, Farfetch'd, Seadra and Aerodactyl. Not horrendous by any means, but the movesets were pretty dire. I've still got the same file to this day, although I've revamped their movesets several times.