This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

About to start the 4th Gym in HeartGold (Need some team building)

#1ssbmchamp109Posted 6/3/2013 6:04:55 PM
My team:

Espeon - Just evolved at level 22 and I'm starting to feel the pain of not having a psychic move until level 36...Any advice to make him more useful without breeding?

Pidgeotto - Level 21, decent flyer but I have a feeling I'll need to replace it soon,

Croconaw: Level 21, great water type but I stupidly taught him cut and surf but I can manage with ice fang and crunch when I get it.

Flaaffy - Level 20, Ampharos is pretty good so it looks like I'll be keeping her for most of the game.

Heracross - Level 20, great bug/fighting type. Will probably keep him.

Sandshrew - Level 18, meh ground type even when evolved so i made him my HM slave for right now.

So I have a starting Pokemon with 2 HMs, an Espeon with tackle and quick attack, a good Flaaffy, an ok Pidgeotto, Heracross, and a Sandshrew. I feel like I need to rework this team a bit. I thought about getting Growlithe but I would have to wait until level 48 to get Flare Blitz and evolve him. What's worse is that I can't connect to Wifi with this game because my router isn't WEP so no trade evo's.

I know it's still early in the game but I need some direction. Also I know it's not the HeartGold board but it's pretty dead at the moment.
---
PSN & XBL: Deathswitch109
#2CharizardFirePosted 6/3/2013 6:13:13 PM
Get a Noctowl with Insomnia.

It completely shuts down Morty's Gengar, and there isn't much that the other Pokémon in the gym can do to it.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#3ssbmchamp109(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2013 6:37:41 PM
Thank you but I think I may skip on the Noctowl for now. Anyone else?
---
PSN & XBL: Deathswitch109
#4maxforce2869Posted 6/3/2013 6:41:05 PM
I liked using exeggcute, but getting a leaf stone could be trouble down the line.
#5KajagogoPosted 6/4/2013 3:22:31 AM
You should have waited until Eevee learned bite. That really is a horrible team, maybe you should start over. : /
#6SinExDeathPosted 6/4/2013 3:37:23 AM
Rattata line. Ghost immunity, fast, learns Bite and I believe it also learns Crunch before it hits level 25.
---
Asketh Ky to Sol, "Heaven or Hell?" and Sol, being of Gear did say "Let's Rock."
Roman Cancels 1:14
#7pratypusPosted 6/4/2013 5:01:45 AM
You can ROFLSTOMP any pokemon game using only your starter, Why would you do anything else? Also bite and surf on your croconaw will be pretty good.
#8gopack24Posted 6/4/2013 5:02:01 AM
Magmar? Magnemite->Magneton?

It's a pity you couldn't then get Magmortar/Magnezone, but those are still decent options, I guess (and yeah I know you have an Ampharos on the way)
---
INDIA ICC WORLD CUP 2011 CHAMPIONS IND 277/4 BEAT SL 274/6 by 6 wickets
ARSENE WENGER'S RED ARMY
#9mralpha543Posted 6/4/2013 5:06:34 AM
gopack24 posted...
Magmar? Magnemite->Magneton?

It's a pity you couldn't then get Magmortar/Magnezone, but those are still decent options, I guess (and yeah I know you have an Ampharos on the way)

You can get magmortar and magnezone.
---
Rocket Professor ~ R ~ Support Elesa! Real Arceus. Third Version M 2/26/13
Official ANBU of the Pokemon boards.
#10iron_defensePosted 6/4/2013 5:13:19 AM
Go to the trade boards and ask for TM29. Someone will be glad to give it to you.
---
I think it's only fair that we throw monopoly money at strippers with fake boobs.