This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

List of Pokemon to transfer to X & Y

#1Grand_BluePosted 6/3/2013 6:09:34 PM
We should all make a list of Pokemon to transfer from the 5th gen games to X & Y to complete the Pokedex quickly and other useful Pokemon.

Examples:
-1 Bulbasaur
-1 Charmander
-1 Squirtle

(just level them up quickly so you have all those starter entries)

-1 male Burmy
-1 female Burmy

-1 female Combee or any Vespiquen (female Combee recommended since it's faster to level up instead of making and hatching an egg)

-Any Pokemon with Pickup at level 100 for good items after battles

Since there's still a long time for the 6th gen games to come out and we all have the 5th gen games, why not prepare Pokemon to transfer to X & Y? I didn't do this but maybe some of you already do this.
---
The Boondocks on Adult Swim is my favorite anime.
#2BikdipOnABusPosted 6/3/2013 6:13:46 PM
Personally I don't like transferring a ton of stuff from older games. To me, the fun of playing a brand new Pokemon game is catching everything all over again, and making use of the new methods introduced. So I won't be doing this.

Not saying it's bad to play it this way, I just feel like it ruins the point of a collection if all you're doing is trying to get it finished as quickly as possible instead of taking it slow and enjoying the new game.
---
If you actively hate Justin Bieber... then you don't know what "intended audience" means. Hate Twilight instead, it's far worse.
#3Thepenguinking2Posted 6/3/2013 6:15:15 PM
-1 mew
-1 shiny charmander
---
Official Electivire of The Pokemon General Discussion series!
The Official Shiny Zangoose of the X/y Board!
#4sonictrainerPosted 6/3/2013 6:17:15 PM
I'm going to attempt to transfer all the way from 3rd Generation games
---
The fastest Pokemon trainer alive!
#5Grand_Blue(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2013 6:17:37 PM
I understand where you're coming from but I think it's getting tedious to complete the Pokedex. I didn't transfer from the 4th gen games to BW and I enjoyed it, but I decided to start from scratch in White 2 and I found it tedious and frustrating how I had to complete the Pokedex again, so I just transferred some Pokemon over to get their entries.
---
#6Grand_Blue(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2013 7:59:24 AM
So do you all like transferring Pokemon to complete the Pokedex faster or do you like completing the Pokedex from scratch again?
---
#7TranquilSeaPosted 6/4/2013 8:09:52 AM(edited)
Since gen 3, I've been collecting things, and I find it amazing how I still have and use my Blaziken from all those years ago. No way in hell would I want to to complete the dex from scratch again, even if there's a better incentive than Shining Charm. I've put in the effort, and I want to expand my collection. Restarting it isn't something I consider fun at all.
---
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish and you get accused for patronizing.
#8lanelazerbeamPosted 6/4/2013 8:08:20 AM
Thepenguinking2 posted...
-1 mew
-1 shiny charmander

Don't know if you overlooked it, but the one you traded me was shiny. Just Kidding.
---
Official Hydreigon and Smartass of the Pokemon X/Y boards and PGD topics
"YOU'RE WINNER!"
#9yzmanPosted 6/4/2013 9:17:00 AM
List:

All that I cannot obtain in the game or are extremely hard to obtain.
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#10Grand_Blue(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2013 9:36:51 AM
yzman posted...
List:

All that I cannot obtain in the game or are extremely hard to obtain.

More Pokemon should be included, especially hard to catch Pokemon like the Beldum line. Even if they are in the wild in X & Y it would be much easier to transfer them than to catch one. If you already have one then just make an egg and hatch it and transfer it to make it easier!
---