This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Fennekin's evo is Fire/Psychic, can we pretty much be sure it wont be OU?

#1iKhanicPosted 6/4/2013 7:04:53 PM
Look at Victini, who has a strong movepool and access to the most powerful non-sacrificial move in the entire game. It's STILL UU (and it has an awesome design I might add, my 3rd favorite since Gen 3)

I feel like being SR and Pursuit weak is just begging for it to be UU or lower (unless it has Contrary with access to Overheat and Stored Power with over 100 speed, in which case it would be horribly broken)
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2FuneralCakePosted 6/4/2013 7:06:49 PM
Depends on the movepool and stats, but I don't expect it to be OU no matter what. I don't expect any of the starters to be OU. They will be mediocre at best, which is what most of the starters are.
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
0 line break(s), 73 characters allowed
#3harle1012000Posted 6/4/2013 7:11:42 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Depends on the movepool and stats, but I don't expect it to be OU no matter what. I don't expect any of the starters to be OU. They will be mediocre at best, which is what most of the starters are.

I think that only applies to the last generation of starters.

Blaziken is UBER.
Infernape and Venusaur are OU.
The rest (Swampter, Empoleon, Charizard, etc.) are all decently strong too. Except for Meganium. Meganium kinda sucks =/
---
If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, be sure to check the enclosed instruction book
#4MagikarpRulesPosted 6/4/2013 7:11:51 PM
I agree. I know, I'm not a competitive player, but if a Pokemon with the same BST as Victini and a pretty strong STAB move doesn't make the cut for OU, I don't see how a starter could succeed there.
#5MalkyeaImbakPosted 6/4/2013 8:13:46 PM
to be fair Tier lists are vey irrelevant since they are unofficial and determined by usage rather than actually ability..victini imo is does excellent in OU as a sun scarfer or a trick roomer, if you like the firefox then use it screw tiers they mean jack. and more than likely it won't be defined as OU upon release only starter to achieve this feat is Infernape and Swampert (the other named OU/Uber starters got lucky with dw abilities) All Starters imo were really great for competitive battles except the grass ones (minus venusaur/ arguably sceptile)
#6Thepenguinking2Posted 6/4/2013 8:20:23 PM
Are ANY firestarters OU anyway?
---
Official Electivire of The Pokemon General Discussion series!
The Official Shiny Zangoose of the X/y Board!
#7EdwardoMario16Posted 6/4/2013 8:20:53 PM
Gen V's OU =/= Gen VI's.

Gen IV's OU had plenty of variety where even Fire-Types could compete.

Gen V's OU is dominated by Weather Teams and Dragon-Types, with Waters and Steels along for the ride.

Also remember that once upon a time Psychic and Normal were the best types in the game. With the speculative Fairy-Type hanging around, Gen VI's metagame might shift pretty rapidly from Gen V.
---
This is the worst bird yet.
White 2 FC: 3483 0523 8765
#8tropirenoPosted 6/4/2013 8:23:36 PM
Pretty sure Victini would be OU if rain didn't exist. V-Create pretty much wrecks anything outside rain.
#9DoctorJimmy133Posted 6/4/2013 8:25:54 PM
Thepenguinking2 posted...
Are ANY firestarters OU anyway?

Infernape is OU and Blaziken is more than OU.
---
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.
#10MecamattPosted 6/4/2013 8:26:18 PM
EdwardoMario16 posted...
Gen V's OU =/= Gen VI's.

Gen IV's OU had plenty of variety where even Fire-Types could compete.

Gen V's OU is dominated by Weather Teams and Dragon-Types, with Waters and Steels along for the ride.

Also remember that once upon a time Psychic and Normal were the best types in the game. With the speculative Fairy-Type hanging around, Gen VI's metagame might shift pretty rapidly from Gen V.

Amen. I've seen this happen a few times now? Remember the introduction of stealth rock? The whole game changed. Even dream world abilities changed everything up. A new type will shift everything around all over again. Who knows maybe Wobbufet will be A champion again :)
---
3DS Friend Code: 2251-4708-8870