This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do Pokemon mate?

#1alphame4Posted 6/5/2013 8:39:53 PM
Has it already been touched upon how they reproduce?

I've played through R/B/Y/E/D and all I remember is you leave them at a daycare and they leave eggs behind.
---
Steam: Spacerik | PSN: Spacemooncow | Wii U: the-fiend | 3DS: 4296 - 2991 - 9745 | Battle.net: RoboWalrus | XBL: cannon fodderr
#2AceJay1230Posted 6/5/2013 8:41:05 PM
In and Out...restaurants.
---
White2 FC : 1292-8966-3948
Got a 3DS? Let's be friends. 3DS FC : 1907-8641-1413
#3FuneralCakePosted 6/5/2013 8:41:15 PM
I'm sure you learned about reproduction in school. If you haven't, you shouldn't be here right now.
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
0 line break(s), 73 characters allowed
#4iKhanicPosted 6/5/2013 8:42:04 PM
FuneralCake posted...
I'm sure you learned about reproduction in school. If you haven't, you shouldn't be here right now.

I don't see any genitalia on those sprites
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#5Decon082Posted 6/5/2013 8:50:48 PM(edited)
Ah, it's you!

We were raising your POKéMON, and my goodness, were we surprised!

Your POKéMON had an EGG!

We don't know how it got there, but your POKéMON had it. You want it?

After a day of standing motionless outside of the Day-Care, I have learned that being an NPC is hard work! A set of twins were standing within two steps of me the entire time, just waiting for a battle. But I beat them at their own game. No, not battling. Standing.

I take one step toward them, laugh, and walk back into the Day-Care. They didn't even turn to look at me... :(

"Hello there, young whippersnapper! My husband and I saw you standing outside for a very long time! Your Pokemon seem bored."

Well, I pressed the Save button and turned the game off for a few hours. What do you expect them to do without me?

"Well, if you leave one of your Pokemon with us, we'll look after it and even help to raise it while you're away!"

As helpful as that sounds, I'm actually going to start my journey to Nacrene City today, and I'll kinda need these Pokemon. And by the time I'll have to rest again, I'll be an entire city away.

"Oh, okay then. My husband and I would love to help you out though. Although I can't think of any other way..."

Wait... What are those? *I point to two eggs sitting on the windowsill that have caught my attention.*

"Those? Those are... Pokemon Eggs!"

How did they get there?

"Well, we put them there."

No, not on the window... How did the eggs... you know, how did they...

"We still don't know. I always thought mammals were supposed to give birth to live young, but it doesn't work that way in the Pokemon world."

---
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X boards.
http://www.youtube.com/Decon082/
#6scrappybristolPosted 6/5/2013 8:51:45 PM
They have sex.
---
This sig is significant
#7FuneralCakePosted 6/5/2013 8:52:41 PM
iKhanic posted...
I don't see any genitalia on those sprites

Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Take, for example, ghosts.
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
0 line break(s), 73 characters allowed
#8alphame4(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2013 8:53:33 PM
FuneralCake posted...

Yes I can see two Bidoofs mating but what about pokemon like voltorb
---
Steam: Spacerik | PSN: Spacemooncow | Wii U: the-fiend | 3DS: 4296 - 2991 - 9745 | Battle.net: RoboWalrus | XBL: cannon fodderr
#9Great_ReapettePosted 6/5/2013 8:55:30 PM
They don't.

There's this weird dude who stands just off-screen and occasionally leaves Eggs in your Pokemon's hands, then runs off before the Day-Care Couple spot him.

I kid you not, this is what I believed as a child.
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#10Goten55Posted 6/5/2013 8:55:44 PM
They have sex.

You know, I saw something involving Ditto and Gardevoir. All I'm gonna say is that I didn't think Ditto knew how to take charge like that.
---
Winry Rockbell month/One year anniversary of sigs: Mikoto Misaka (April 2013)
http://i.imgur.com/REf1mmi.jpg http://i.imgur.com/WyzF4wa.gif