This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Operation: Get Seaking in RU

#1kaonohiokalaPosted 6/6/2013 3:54:57 PM(edited)
This month's statistics will contribute to the Smogon tiering process.

As a bit of a fun experiment, we're going to try to get Seaking in RU. This is practice for 3 months from now where we will try to get Seaking into OU.

The reason?

Because F*** YEAH SEAKING that's why.

Just throw Seaking onto an RU team and keep battling and win some battles.

Seaking does better than his current NU status shows, and with Lightningrod, only has one real weakness to show. With a 92 base attack stat and access to Waterfall and Megahorn, as well as Return for perfect neutral coverage against everything but Frillish, Seaking's more than just deadweight. Bouffalant makes an excellent partner with its Sap Sipper ability too.

I built a team around it and got to top 30 in RU very easily despite having no knowledge of the tier at all.

Anyone who needs a team with Seaking instead of me building them one, just ask and I'll get you one.

DISCLAIMER FOR DUDES LIKE ecylis: WE WILL GET SEAKING TO RU FOR TEH LULZ
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko
#2ecylisPosted 6/6/2013 2:50:15 PM
Seaking SUCKS
---
http://imgur.com/Tl2zoIY | http://i.imgur.com/nkIs6q9.png
#3kaonohiokala(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2013 2:53:11 PM(edited)
ecylis posted...
Seaking SUCKS

that's kinda the point

sorry if the lulz factor wasn't implied enough
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko
#4_KGC_Posted 6/6/2013 2:53:43 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5kaonohiokala(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2013 2:56:19 PM
RU cuz there's a third of the battles that occur there compared to UU.

It'll be easier to get some stats going, as shown by how easily I ranked up to top 30.
---
#6kaonohiokala(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2013 3:03:03 PM
It's also important to win battles because of the weighted statistics:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3478570

I suppose you could attempt to just spam a terrible team and lose, but without any wins, your stats would be so poorly weighted that you'll have to do several battles to make up for one winning battle.

The people who play in RU are pretty bad most of the time, so it won't be that difficult to rattle off some wins. Also, if your account is doing poorly, just make a new username.
---
#7kaonohiokala(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2013 3:52:26 PM
bump
---
#8Thepenguinking2Posted 6/6/2013 3:53:06 PM
"Seaking" is quite a funny way to spell Zangoose.
---
Official TRUMPETS of The Pokemon General Discussion series!
The Official Shiny Zangoose of the X/y Board!
#9LightningHawk90Posted 6/6/2013 3:53:12 PM
ecylis posted...
Seaking SUCKS

Thanks for your opinion that nobody asked for.
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#10iKhanicPosted 6/6/2013 3:53:58 PM
ecylis posted...
Seaking SUCKS

You are a horrible person. Seaking is one of my favorite water types ever.

Why? CUS GOLDFISH ARE AWESOME!
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US