This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Grass<Poison

#1iKhanicPosted 6/8/2013 6:17:17 AM
At least poison is a decent defensive type. Grass has FIVE weaknesses and is resisted by SEVEN types. There's a reason there are no mono grass types in OU.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2InhaledCornPosted 6/8/2013 6:22:33 AM
I don't think there are any mono-Poisons in OU as well.

The thing is, Grass does have Sun to support it (even if it amplifies its Fire weakness). It doubles their speed if they have Chlorophyll and makes Solarbeam a no-charge 120BA 100Acc STAB'd move.

The only plus Poison's got going for it is that it absorbs Toxic Spikes upon entry. (I think this should also heal them slightly but whatevs.) Oh, and they can't be poisoned. But, neither can Steel-types.

They're weak to Ground and Psychic, and Earthquake is everywhere in the OU.

Hopefully, a gen-shift will help things if the rumors are true. It's obvious to everyone the Poison-type itself needs a boost (and so does the Ice type because it has far too many weaknesses. Give it one more resistance, srsly)
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I support the Fairy-type.
#3lanelazerbeamPosted 6/8/2013 6:25:13 AM
I agree with TC, not trying to start anything, but IMO Grass is overrated, there are some good grass types, but again, IMO it's overrated.
---
"Dude, come on, you're just like, a drama queen." -HERO
"I tend to throw grenades at s***, when it's like, right in my face." - HERO
#4Lucidious89Posted 6/8/2013 7:33:26 AM
Grass is SE against and resists Water, one of the most dominant types in the game.
Grass resists ground, one of the most dominant attack types in the game.
Grass types are the only types that get the Chlorophyl ability for Sun teams.
Grass types are the only type in the game immune to Leech Seed.

Poison may have a few perks over Grass, but Grass is outright better as a type overall. That's not to say Grass is very good, though.
#5CWtennisPosted 6/8/2013 7:42:46 AM
They're both terrible lol. No reason to argue why two terrible typings are better than one another.
---
3053 5388 2361 - Pokemon White 2 FC < Default
5372 0620 2714 - Pokemon White FC
#6scrappybristolPosted 6/8/2013 7:46:00 AM
I don't see Grass as an Attack or Defense type but rather a Support type.

That being said, it does resist the omnipresent Earthquake.
---
This sig is significant
#7Faust_8Posted 6/8/2013 7:49:15 AM
Lucidious89 posted...
Grass is SE against and resists Water, one of the most dominant types in the game.
Grass resists ground, one of the most dominant attack types in the game.
Grass types are the only types that get the Chlorophyl ability for Sun teams.
Grass types are the only type in the game immune to Leech Seed.

Poison may have a few perks over Grass, but Grass is outright better as a type overall. That's not to say Grass is very good, though.

I think they're the only ones that can use Leech Seed too, except for like Mew and such. Plus they get STAB on Giga Drain, there's Synthesis which greatly heals them in sun, and so forth.

Grass isn't stellar but it doesn't suck either.

By the way, Venusaur is OU but his Poison typing is irrelevant pretty much. If he was pure Grass with no changes, he'd still be OU. He'd lose the Fighting resistance but he'd gain a Ground one and lose the weakness to Psychic. The only downside is he could be hit by Toxic.
---
Faust_8: You're one hallucination away from murder.
OW: That's not my problem. Sucks for whoever I murder, though.
#8Faust_8Posted 6/8/2013 7:53:52 AM
Also I recently found out we shouldn't write off Lilligant.

Own Tempo prevents confusion from Petal Dance (which I also found out, is 120 base power now) and it has Quiver Dance and Sleep Powder to set up. Add a coverage move and that could be pretty dangerous.

It's RU at the moment but I suspect that may be an underestimation of it.
---
Faust_8: You're one hallucination away from murder.
OW: That's not my problem. Sucks for whoever I murder, though.
#9InhaledCornPosted 6/8/2013 7:59:11 AM
Faust_8 posted...
Also I recently found out we shouldn't write off Lilligant.

Own Tempo prevents confusion from Petal Dance (which I also found out, is 120 base power now) and it has Quiver Dance and Sleep Powder to set up. Add a coverage move and that could be pretty dangerous.

It's RU at the moment but I suspect that may be an underestimation of it.

It's RU because it has terrible coverage. It only has moves of the Grass and Normal types plus a Hidden Power. That's not really going to let it hit everything it needs to and its super predictable. It's completely outclassed by Venusaur at the moment. It just needs a little something-something to make it better, preferably another attack type.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I support the Fairy-type.
#10TwinmoldPosted 6/8/2013 8:23:47 AM
Hopefully, a gen-shift will help things if the rumors are true. It's obvious to everyone the Poison-type itself needs a boost (and so does the Ice type because it has far too many weaknesses. Give it one more resistance, srsly)

I wouldn't count on Game Freak doing any sort of balancing beyond their usual callous handing out of moves and abilities.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf