This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Grass<Poison

#21AngryGFAQerPosted 6/9/2013 7:35:14 PM
iKhanic posted...
AngryGFAQer posted...
iKhanic posted...
There's a reason there are no mono grass types in OU.

Just like everything else you do, you didn't think that through very well.

You took it out of context. It's a supporting fact, not intended to prove my point on it's own.

The fallacy here being that you're implying there's a mono poison type in OU by saying that. Nothing is taken out of context.
---
"I was garbage, the writing transformed," - Raiden
I'm Batman. I don't enjoy anything.
#22GalladetheGreatPosted 6/9/2013 7:36:56 PM
Grass moves are great in the metagame, but the type isn't.

Poison is bad in both aspects.
---
Don't get mad, get gllad.
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/404951/chocula_medium.jpg
#23LightningHawk90Posted 6/9/2013 7:38:27 PM
I like Grass types.
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#24kaonohiokalaPosted 6/9/2013 10:42:06 PM
Grass is good for FWG cores bruhbruhs.

Also, Ferrothorn has been a consensus top 5 OU mon since this gen started and is even top 15 in Ubers. Also, Breloom is a current top 10 mon.

Oh, and there aren't any legendary Poison-types for a reason. It's cuz even GF knows that'd suck.

inb4poisonarceus
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko
#25Archwing3441Posted 6/9/2013 11:07:56 PM
Faust_8 posted...
Also I recently found out we shouldn't write off Lilligant.

Own Tempo prevents confusion from Petal Dance (which I also found out, is 120 base power now) and it has Quiver Dance and Sleep Powder to set up. Add a coverage move and that could be pretty dangerous.

It's RU at the moment but I suspect that may be an underestimation of it.

that is actually a really old combo.
Flaws:
1) sleep powder + quiver dance is needed. This lowers it's already horrible type coverage, and sleep powder may miss, causing lilligant to die, so far. I want to point out that this isn't the main reason why it's bad for it's not really too much of a flaw.
2) Lilligant isn't bulky, so it'll have some problems setting up against stronger/faster pokemon, Smeargle is able to survive in the meta with actually lower speed (although he has a guarantee sleep attack) so Lilligant should still be fine here.
3) Petal dance forces you to be locked into a move with bad type coverage.. Assuming you'll definitely get 1 quiver dance due to sleep powder, any somewhat bulky fire (LOL), bug, dragon, flying, grass, poison, or steel pokemon (or any combination of the types) can switch in. Because Lilligant is trapped into Petal dance, the pokemon that came in can easily kill it due to reason 2.
4) The last attack is going to be hidden power. That sucks because it's weak compared to most attack you want.

Mainly due to reason 3, if your opponent has the right pokemon, they'll just swap in, could potentially set up on a stuck lilligant, and sweep your team instead. The only time you could win (assuming the opponent actually know Lilligant's Petal Dance/Quiver Dance move set and acted accordingly) is if you out plan your opponent and predicted the switch, and even then, that wouldn't always work due to the fact that you can't possible have both hidden power.
---
Nintendo? PlayStation? no...
http://mangafox.me/manga/mel_kano/v03/c016/27.html
#26deidara21Posted 6/10/2013 12:01:22 AM
But Breloom> Toxicroak so Grass> Poison
---
Lemmings- "Wanna go back to your place?" "Do you have any condoms?" "Haha Who needs condoms"
#27Kevv06Posted 6/10/2013 12:13:42 AM
Bare Grass with only Grass moves have Less advantage against Bare Poison with only Poison moves (of course)

(only looking at what saved me)

Grass is great for Support,

If Double battle, Good Idea to Team with Fire Type with Sunny Day for instant Solar Beam.

Ability to heal them Selves and Steal HP.

Ability to Paralyze, Sleep, sometimes can Confuse and Wrapped other Pokemon.

Can power over Ground/Water, and Water/Electric type Pokemon.

Poison
Are Known for Attackers, only about 2 so far can pass for Physical tanks (Weezing and Drapion) Special Atk Tank ( Tentacruel and possibly Muk due to 100 base hp and spD points)

Basically all Poison Moves have a chance of causing Poison

Can Learn Dark Moves to stand a chance against Physics

Only Some can learn Ice Moves to stand a Chance against Ground

Physical attackers Can Learn Fight moves Against Steel type
Special Attacker can Learn Fire Moves Against Steel