This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT: List things you think should've happened already in Pokemon

#1marchefelixPosted 6/8/2013 9:20:35 PM
Some of these things might be stating the obvious, but the fact that they haven't appeared must mean that they aren't so obvious to GameFreak.

- Fire Ball

Simple concept for a move, yet I find it hard to believe they haven't thought of this... but they have thought of Ice Ball.

- Lunar Beam

I've been wanting this since Gen 2. This doesn't have to be another Grass-type move; it could also be used by Moon Stone evolving Pokemon.

- Pre-evolution for Tauros/Miltank

Doesn't everyone think this is logical anyways?

- Fighting/Flying Pokemon

The only combination not made with Flying-type.

- Something that allows Electric-type moves to hit Ground-type Pokemon

Or would this make Electric-types too strong?

- Pre-evolution for Lapras

It would be so cute and adorable!

That's all I can think of for now.
---
And then Bruce Willis was there and he said...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPcRgLlom3g
#2Mewtwo_soulPosted 6/8/2013 9:27:53 PM
Eh, on the concept of Fire Ball:

Will-O-Wisp move fits the description in FRLG description of the move itself. Along with a few other moves. Maybe they just wanted to avoid such a stereotypical move name?
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#3marchefelix(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2013 9:31:34 PM
^Didn't know that.

(Still can't get over the fact we have Ice Ball but not Fire Ball)

Here's something else I thought of:

- A move that just freezes (no damage)

There may be one and I just don't know about it, but if there isn't, I think it's high time there is.
---
And then Bruce Willis was there and he said...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPcRgLlom3g
#4Toy_BoxPosted 6/8/2013 9:47:17 PM(edited)
Re: Fireball.

What about a lava based move? Iceball is like the ice version of rollout, right? so a ball of flaming/melting rock makes more sense than a wisp of fire like will-o-wisp. It could be learnt by pokemon like Darumaka, Heatran, and other pokemon that you could imagine rolling into a mound of hot ashes and slamming into an opponent. Or it could be treated like Rock blast and be a multi-hit fire move. Of course the chance of burning would have to be either low or non-existent for a 5-hit fire move to be balanced, but as far as flavour goes it could be a signature move for Magmortar. Think flaming balls of lava.

Fire actually has a lot of utility for flavour in the pokemon world. There's already incinirate, which removes the opponent's berry with fire, but what if there was a move that consumes your hold item and ejects it as a flaming lump on your opponent. It could be an entry hazard where you need an offering to place it. That would make it more risk/reward than stealth rocks at the very least.

EDIT: I just realised that if a fire entry hazard dealt fire damage instead of just burning then it would OHKO dry-skin Parasect on entry. :0
---
http://i.imgur.com/bq0wTFV.gif
#5iKhanicPosted 6/8/2013 9:50:01 PM
A move with Lightning in the name
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#6mehmetskiPosted 6/9/2013 2:34:53 PM
Toy_Box posted...
Re: Fireball.

What about a lava based move? Iceball is like the ice version of rollout, right? so a ball of flaming/melting rock makes more sense than a wisp of fire like will-o-wisp. It could be learnt by pokemon like Darumaka, Heatran, and other pokemon that you could imagine rolling into a mound of hot ashes and slamming into an opponent. Or it could be treated like Rock blast and be a multi-hit fire move. Of course the chance of burning would have to be either low or non-existent for a 5-hit fire move to be balanced, but as far as flavour goes it could be a signature move for Magmortar. Think flaming balls of lava.

Fire actually has a lot of utility for flavour in the pokemon world. There's already incinirate, which removes the opponent's berry with fire, but what if there was a move that consumes your hold item and ejects it as a flaming lump on your opponent. It could be an entry hazard where you need an offering to place it. That would make it more risk/reward than stealth rocks at the very least.

EDIT: I just realised that if a fire entry hazard dealt fire damage instead of just burning then it would OHKO dry-skin Parasect on entry. :0

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Searing_Shot
tadaaa
#7CakeOfLiesPosted 6/9/2013 2:56:21 PM
iKhanic posted...

But isn't there...
Uhh...
That one move...

I got nothin'.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#8GlitterGunsPosted 6/9/2013 3:00:27 PM
An openly LGBT character, whether an NPC or not.

There is at least one openly heterosexual NPC couple in every single residential area.
#9mehmetskiPosted 6/9/2013 3:01:41 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
iKhanic posted...

But isn't there...
Uhh...
That one move...

I got nothin'.

couldnt be made because of the character limit
#10P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 6/9/2013 3:02:35 PM
I'm going to be the one to say this:

FAIRY TYPE

Why was this never a thing until the 6th generation? If it had been installed earlier with it's rumored type advantage, we wouldn't have had to go through 3 generations of Dragon-dominated meta.
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.