This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people hate Fire/Fighting

#1jakovuPosted 6/8/2013 9:37:54 PM
even when mentioned in the context of Pokémon that AREN'T starter evos?
#2Mewtwo_soulPosted 6/8/2013 9:39:32 PM
Because if they aren't speedy and physical attackers for the most part their potential is useless.

Don't mention we have Blaziken (without Speed Boost) and Infernape fitting the role of Sweeper/Stomp pretty well already.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#3InhaledCornPosted 6/8/2013 9:41:29 PM
Allow me to point you to Emboar.

That there is the problem.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I support the Fairy-type.
#4TAZZisCOOLPosted 6/8/2013 9:42:07 PM
we have Blaziken (without Speed Boost) and Infernape fitting the role of Sweeper/Stomp pretty well already.

lol ;-)
---
my pokemon white 2 friend code (0648-6197-2904)
#5Toy_BoxPosted 6/8/2013 9:45:24 PM
In my case it is mostly just because we've had 3 fire/fighting starters in a row. It makes so little sense that fire of all things has been chosen to be paired up with fighting for 3 straight generations.

I'm not really sure what non-starters are fire/fighting off the top of my head so I don't know what context you are referring to when you say that people are dismissive of it even outside of the starter conversation. I guess I'm mostly just bothered that choosing a fire starter means always resigning myself to a fire/fighting pokemon instead of other potentially cool type combinations. I think Gen IV did it best with Torterra and Empoleon showing what cool type combinations GF is willing to give us as starters.
---
http://i.imgur.com/bq0wTFV.gif
#6jakovu(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2013 9:55:45 PM
There are no Fire/Fighting Pokémon that aren't starter evos. What I mean is, if there is a Pokémon whose type hasn't been revealed (among a few other situations), people will jokingly say that they're Fire/Fighting in an almost insulting manner. I'd honestly find Grass/Poison or Bug/Flyig a bigger insult.
#7InfernislePosted 6/8/2013 9:58:27 PM
While I'd actually rather the obligatory Route 1 bird Pokemon to not be Normal/Flying, Gen 6 will be one of my favorites if I can pick the Fire starter without being stuck with Fire/Fighting type.
#8Mewtwo_soulPosted 6/8/2013 10:15:59 PM
TAZZisCOOL posted...
we have Blaziken (without Speed Boost) and Infernape fitting the role of Sweeper/Stomp pretty well already.

lol ;-)

I put without Speedboost, because of the ban. >.> Just to clarify what I meant.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#9paiprPosted 6/8/2013 11:26:33 PM
mostly cause of the three gens in a row with fire/fighting starter. honestly if 2 out of the three were found in the wild no one would mind. but its the fact that its been three gens in a row.

that said i love blazekin, infernape grew on me, and emboar i want to love with its beard of flames, but i hate the fact that its a biped. shoulda been a quadrupedal boar with a slightly more boar like design (as well as more more intense beard of flames). but emboar does have a sweet shiny, and i love it has access to scald.
---
am i the only person that wishes game faqs offered the option to cut peoples comments from your topics?
#10LightningHawk90Posted 6/8/2013 11:27:35 PM
3 Starters in a row.
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.