This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people think Fletchling evolve to Fire?

#1Zacks_FairPosted 6/9/2013 1:37:01 PM
No, not a pokemon named Fire, as awesome as that would be.

Fire typing, but only based on the fact that it learns Flame Charge. Outside of babies introduced after their evo's, it almost never happens where a pokemon learns a move of a type it changes to, on level up. And I'm pretty sure Fletchling gets flame charge on level up (unless they stated otherwise and I missed it?). Riolu gets no steel moves, Bidoof no water, Surskit no Flying.

Granted, it very well could evolve to a fire type. I just don't think one move proves that.
---
Sylveon is Dragon type.
Xerneas is Psychic/Rock, Yveltal Dark/Flying (speculation)
#2MetalShadow438Posted 6/9/2013 1:40:58 PM
Just because it's pretty random to show it with flame charge in the trailer (and to even give it flame charge in the first place) if it's got nothing to do with fire I guess.
---
http://i.imgur.com/piMWR.gif
#3Darmanitan14Posted 6/9/2013 1:42:02 PM
It will probably be like Noctowl, i thought that it was Psychiic/ Flying and was dissapointed to find it was normal. Probably will be the same with fletchling
---
FC: 5114 4890 0505
R ~ Rocket Executive
#4KillerMechanoidPosted 6/9/2013 1:44:51 PM(edited)
MetalShadow438 posted...
Just because it's pretty random to show it with flame charge in the trailer (and to even give it flame charge in the first place) if it's got nothing to do with fire I guess.

It wasn't random giving it Flame Charge. The bird is most probably going to be based off an arrow because its name is Fletching+Fledgeling (and evolve into Robin hood, lol), and giving it Flame Charge is a reference to flaming arrows.
#5Sid_StarkillerPosted 6/9/2013 1:44:20 PM
MetalShadow438 posted...

What does Blitzle have to do with fire? Nothing, but he still gets it.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1292-6017-5477 (Sid)
Statement: Just a simple droid here, ma'am. Nothing to see. Move along.
#6Zacks_Fair(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2013 1:46:32 PM
Sid_Starkiller posted...

What does Blitzle have to do with fire? Nothing, but he still gets it.

KillerMechanoid posted...

It wasn't random giving it Flame Charge. The bird is most probably going to be based off an arrow because its name is Fletching+Fledgeling (and evolve into Robin hood, lol), and giving it Flame Charge is a reference to flaming arrows.

These guys get it.
---
Sylveon is Dragon type.
Xerneas is Psychic/Rock, Yveltal Dark/Flying (speculation)
#7thisguy12Posted 6/9/2013 1:48:25 PM
The four new pokemon revealed (Pancham, Helioptile, Gogoat, Fletchling) all have a relatively unique, gimmicky move.
Pancham uses Parting Shot.
Helioptile uses Parabolic Charge.
Gogoat uses Horn Leech.
Fletchling uses Flame charge.

The move Flame Charge corresponds with Fletchling's description...
"Fletchling, a Normal- and Flying-type Pokémon, sings with a beautiful chirp that is sure to delight any Trainer. Although it is known to be very friendly, Fletchling will suddenly unleash relentless attacks once it’s in battle. For example, when it uses its Fire-type move Flame Charge in battle, in addition to doing damage, Fletchling’s Speed increases every time."

So Fletchling will probably not evolve into a fire type just because of Flame Charge.
The move is just a gimmick.
#8MagikarpRulesPosted 6/9/2013 1:55:57 PM
Yep, it probably has to do with the fact that it learns Flame Charge. Never mind the plethora of Pokemon that learn moves from some type yet don't change their type upon evolving.